New info for Blurs' with the digital cluster

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

New info for Blurs' with the digital cluster

Post by babblefish »

Just a bit of information for those of you who installed the digital cluster in your Blur.

I was curious about how much gas was actually still in the tank when the fuel level indicator starts flashing (two bars lit) so when my indicator started flashing today, I stuck a wooden stick (yeah, I know, not really scientific) into the tank till it hit bottom and pulled it out and measured 3.5 inches of fuel depth. I've also noted that it takes a little over a gallon of gas to fill the tank when the level indicator starts flashing. So, since the tank is suppose to have a capacity of 7.5L (1.98 gal), there's no need to panic when the level indicator starts to flash. :D
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's good info to know. I'm thinking about getting the digital dash, I'm just trying to figure out what else to get with it.

Has anyone determined if the orange is changeable (I think blue was speculated) like it was earlier speculated?
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

I took mine apart when I got it.. yeah I know.. but that's just how I am :D

But the lighting appears to be integrated into the unit. Not just easily replaceable bulbs.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's what I was afraid of. Ah well. I was looking really longingly at the blue gauge that I ran across somewhere out there. I mean the orange is great and all, but the orange doesn't have a long life expectancy on my Blur. I'm thinking of changing all the orange for either black or white. The orange vinyl might get replaced with identical white reflective material. Love that safety stuff, hehe. That reminds me, I need to PM NathanielSalzman a thank you for the nautilus install on his site. Worked like a charm and took like 45 lazy minutes.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
azores

Post by azores »

Thanks again for the updates. I am still waiting on mine to arrive so I can install on my Blur. Thanks Babblefish for sending me the contact info.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

On my 2006 model the actual amount of gas on a bone dry tank is 1.74 gallons, not 1.98 (7.5L) regardless of what the manual says.

Don't ask me how I know . . . you can probably guess ! :roll:
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Just a thought, but if the fuel sensor works like I think it does, I wouldn't be surprised if the gas remaining in the tank when the light comes on varies from bike to bike.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Could be that PGO's stretching the fuel capacity issue by adding in the amount of fuel in the gravity feed tank behind the main, the float bowl, and the fuel lines themselves. :wink:
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

EP_scoot wrote:On my 2006 model the actual amount of gas on a bone dry tank is 1.74 gallons, not 1.98 (7.5L) regardless of what the manual says.

Don't ask me how I know . . . you can probably guess ! :roll:
I can also verify this number, and by the same method. :roll:
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

I got nervous the other day after a nice ride in the country when the 'flashing' gas indicated only 1 bar left ... it took 1.3 gallons to fill. I thought the literature stated 2 gallon capacity, so I was really puzzled until seeing this post. Thanks for the info. So I still had a few 10ths to go!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!