Stolen Blur Indianapolis/Chicago

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Stolen Blur Indianapolis/Chicago

Post by illnoise »

I posted this in "General Discussion", but maybe it makes sense to post it here, too, since some Blur fans dont' read the G.D.

I was at the MotoGP race in Indianapolis this weekend and my Genuine Blur was stolen from the IMS campground today (Sunday 9/14/08) between 1-4 PM.

It's an 06 (Grey/orange) with 2strokebuzz stickers on the sides and most of the orange decals peeled off. Other than that and a Stebel Nautilus horn and some Velcro on the orange tank panels, it was totally stock.

IL license plate MCYBF4838
VIN RFVM2C50461000579

Apparently the "park next to a lot of cooler bikes so yours doesn't get stolen" plan isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'd really appreciate it if you could all keep an eye on your local craigslists and such, and let your local dealer know to look out for
it. I wouldn't be surprised if a thief thought it was a "2strokebuzz" brand/model scooter, that's the largest sticker on there.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
maxG

Post by maxG »

sorry to hear that mate...

would the insurance cover the lost?

have you tied the scoot with a chain on the lampost before you left?

i hope there are not many blurs in your vicinity...coz it will be much easier to track it...especially if it would be sold as a whole...unless they would chop it off piece by piece..
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

It was locked, and chained to some other bikes, but I must have dropped the keys when I took some other keys out of my pocket to lock our pop-up trailer.

I know I didn't leave the keys in it because we were all scared s**tless that something was going to get stolen and being extra careful. All weekend we felt like people were just walking around looking for stuff to steal. I know at least 2 other bikes were stolen, probably more.

Blurs are pretty rare, and I know a lot of dealers, and I have scooter-nerd friends all over the country, and I'm on a lot of scooter boards, so I don't know how they'd sell it without someone I know finding it sooner or later, but who knows where stolen scooters end up?
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. With a bike as rare as the Blur is, it's a bit odd that no one at a rally remembers seeing it. I hope you get lucky and find it unharmed, or better yet, see the people who took it get prosecuted. Keep us posted.

http://www.craigshelper.com/
If you get bored, you can use that to scour Craiglist across multiple cities/states.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Wow. That sucks hard man. My condolences. I'll keep my eyes open.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Man, sorry to hear that.
I am guessing the thief thinks this is one of a million scooters just like it and he/she can make a quick buck.

Little do they know there are only a few dozen of them and most of us would recognize those velcro pads on your tank anywhere.

I'll keep my eyes and internet ears open. Good Luck !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.