Is this covered by the warranty?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ADouble

Is this covered by the warranty?

Post by ADouble »

Someone tried to steal my bike and messed up the ignition. Now I can't even get the bike to release out of the steering column lock. I got my bike in February. Would that be under the one year warranty? Help me please, Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Short answer would be no most likely not. It would definitely be covered under your insurance provided you got full coverage which inculdes damage due to theft.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

Yeah I have full insurance thank Goodness....but someone told me since i didn't have it for over a year it suppose to be covered. But some people don't know what they are talking about, hopefully everybody can help me...trying to refrain from calling my insurance company....
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I don't know the answer, but have you tried calling your Genuine dealer?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

babblefish wrote:I don't know the answer, but have you tried calling your Genuine dealer?
+1 it certainly can't hurt to speak to your dealer about it. They are after all the ones who will file any warranty claims for the repairs.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Finding the lock might be the hard part, again, you're going to need to work with your dealer.

Insurance usually requires you report it to the police ASAP. I'd file the police report now, then hold off on contacting the insurance co. until tomorrow after you find out from your dealer whether it's worth filing a claim. You're probably better off paying it out of pocket if you have a deductible. It shouldn't be crazy-expensive.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

I would be shocked if they covered it under warranty. Warranties don't usually cover someone messing it up on purpose. Sorry someone tried to jack your scoot, hope you're able to get it fixed.
ADouble

Post by ADouble »

yeah i really doubt the warranty covers it as well...just trying to have hope....im going to call them on Monday to see what they say...if not i might have to pay for it out of pocket and/or report it to my insurance company....thank ya'll
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Doubt it would be covered by warranty. If your dealer covers it, they are doing you a favor. The warranty covers "manufacturing defects", not someone trying to steal it.

You also have two years of warranty (if you bought it new and you are the first owner). There is no difference in coverage from year 1 to year 2.

Sorry mate, but do file the police report and see what your dealer would charge you to replace it. Then figure out if it is worth is to make an ins. claim. You might be better off paying out of pocket.

As far as getting it to the dealer, if you can't ride it because the column is locked, you might want to find out if roadside assistance would cover the tow to your dealer.

Good luck !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
genuinedealer2009

Post by genuinedealer2009 »

Not covered by Genuine's warranty- see the exclusions page