Taiwan's new Paintjobs for Blur (gmax)

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

Taiwan's new Paintjobs for Blur (gmax)

Post by jfrost2 »

For 2009, Taiwan now has three new paint jobs for all new Gmax's 50cc/125cc/150cc. The 200cc version is still the same old paintjobs we've all seen.

Just thought I'd point these out, nothing exciting, but they look nice.
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

LOVE the rusty orange. Put that on a Buddy and I'd be in an argument with my wife over the necessity of another scooter.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I like the white and black, but if it had red rims, it would be nicer. The off road tires are really good looking too.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I'm liking the orange. I'd like that in the FI 200cc version for Christmas please. :D
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I still think the Blur/Gmax is a unique sports scooter and the best looking. Second place in my opinion is the CPI GTR250. The Blur still has that semi step through design like all scooters possess, but it looks like a motorcycle too. I prefer retro style usually, but I might have been a blur owner if I could have seen one before buying the buddy.
Davek

Post by Davek »

Yeah, what's up with the dual-sport tires? Maybe they're trying to capture market share from BMW.
jfrost2 wrote:I like the white and black, but if it had red rims, it would be nicer. The off road tires are really good looking too.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Davek wrote:Yeah, what's up with the dual-sport tires? Maybe they're trying to capture market share from BMW.
jfrost2 wrote:I like the white and black, but if it had red rims, it would be nicer. The off road tires are really good looking too.
Not sure if this is the real reason, but in many parts of the world where the G-Max is sold, the roads aren't quite as good as most of the roads around here so the dual-sport tires makes a lot of sense. I know I rode on some pretty rough surfaces while in Taiwan. :roll:
And since the G-Max is not sold here, our wants/needs don't mean jack.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

I like all of the paint jobs, though prefer the white/black and red/black (I've got enough orange in my garage now) th emost.

I also like those tires. I'm sure they'd ride a bit rougher tham the stock units on my Blur, but I'll need replacements some day and that might not be a bad option. Are they the same size wheels as on our Blurz? 8)
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
Sithlord

Post by Sithlord »

I think these tires are just for the 50ccm scooters.

Great´s
Sith
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

I'd totally rock the the orange there. Might see what it will cost to have it done if I deliver the plastics. Might not be too bad just to get them color shot.

As for those tires... I say WHY? The brilliant thing about the Blur is it's handling. Why would you put those on it? If you want knobbies get a Zuma.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Sithlord wrote:I think these tires are just for the 50ccm scooters.

Great´s
Sith
You may be right because I just noticed all 3 of the posted scooters are 50cc.
pari bj

Post by pari bj »

do you guys know of any upgrades for these 50cc's? any big bore kits? any results?