HELP...need key blank for spare key

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

azores

HELP...need key blank for spare key

Post by azores »

Does anyone know what key blank to order for an additional key for the Blur06? As I was getting off my scooter my knee hit the ignition and the key bent. When I tried to reshape it the flimsy metal split and is barely holding on. Luckily I have the spare but I want another just in case it happens again. I am not in the states so if anyone can direct me to the part online that would be great!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Have you tried calling Scooterworks?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
n2tattoos

Post by n2tattoos »

my dealer told me there are no blanks. if you lose your keys, gotta order from Genuine.
maxG

Post by maxG »

this might help....

well it did worked for me

topic5339.html
azores

Post by azores »

Hmm...thanks for the reply. I googled PGO blank key since that is what is on the key and found this website
http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/blanks4.html
It looks like a match and I probably will order but now I need to find a person to cut the key on this tiny island!!
santa

Post by santa »

I ordered from Scooterworks. They had to got it from someone, but i got the correct blank in a relatively short time.

If i remember correctly they were about $2.00 each. I ordered 3 just ne on the safe side.
azores

Post by azores »

I emailed Scooterworks prior to my post asking if they carried the blank but I have yet to hear back from them. I think I will call them and see if they can order me a couple as well. Thanks for the input.
hungcanuck

Post by hungcanuck »

NOHO Scooters has Blur blanks for $2.

Vortechs

Post by Vortechs »

I ended up ordering a couple of key blanks for a 2006 Blur 150 from Scooterworks. The key blanks showed as out of stock on their website but I called and they did have the blanks in stock. I was told the older Blur 150 uses the same key as the Buddy but the newer Blur 220i uses a different key. When I got the key blanks, the invoice shows the item description as: Key Blank, Buddy. The blanks cost $7 each (plus $7.01 shipping) so if anyone knows of a current source for the $2 blanks that are mentioned in this thread I'd be interested in knowing, since it would be nice to have a place to get reasonably priced spares.

The key blanks I received from Scooterworks worked for my 2006 Blur. The info on the PGO plastic package the key blank came in gives the following info, that may be useful to someone else who is trying to find the right part:
PART NO: ES55B010000
PART NAME: KEY
MODEL: Long TYPE
NO: 13
QTY: 1
2012 silver Buddy 170i & 2006 graphite/orange Blur 150
Vortechs

Post by Vortechs »

By the way, yes I know this is an old thread but it was what came up when I searched for info about getting a Blur 150 key blank. I figured anyone else searching for info on a Blur key blank would find this thread so I decided to add the info I had to this thread rather than creating a new one.

Also, the locksmith I used did look at the Mitsubishi key blank but they said it was too thick (I don't think they wanted to file down the groove) so I ended up ordering the correct key blanks.

--------
(edit)

Now that I know the Blur 150 and Buddy use the same PGO key blank (but not the Blur 220i), I did some more searching on Modern Buddy. The following thread has helpful info on replacement keys for buddy: topic7348.html

I haven't found a source for $2 key blanks yet, but ScooterLounge seems to have them for $4.60 (+$6.95 shipping & handling):
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/product/ES55B010000
2012 silver Buddy 170i & 2006 graphite/orange Blur 150