Using Tire Size to Lower RH

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

TomCat

Using Tire Size to Lower RH

Post by TomCat »

As we all know, the RH seat is kinda high (32" I believe).
I'd like to lower the seat height so I'm not on my toes when stopped at a light, and I'm not thrilled about shaving the seat. Using an online calculator, it looks like I can lower the scoot by about 2" by switching to 120/70 front and 130/70 rear from the existing 120/90 and 130/90. I realize that this will throw the speedometer off an additional 10% or so, above what it's already off, but I can live with that.
Any downside to switching the tires from 90 series to 70?
Thanks,
Tom
Other ride--- Lifted '08 Suzuki SX4 AWD

"Quotes on the Internet cannot always be considered as factual" ------- Abraham Lincoln
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

I say go for it. I've been enjoying series 70 tires. You might be able to rebuild the front shock by cutting out a few coils... but that will make the ride rough. the rear can be dropped 2" by using a Yamaha Jog shock. Bolts right in. The major issue you will have is the kickstands. I'm still looking into cutting or replacing. I think a buddy 150 center and side stand would work perfectly... I just haven't had a chance to really measure everything up.
TomCat

Post by TomCat »

Damn, never thought about the stands being out of wack, thanks for pointing that out.
Maybe the easiest thing to do is get lifts for my shoes lol
Other ride--- Lifted '08 Suzuki SX4 AWD

"Quotes on the Internet cannot always be considered as factual" ------- Abraham Lincoln