Tire replacement?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sl4ck3r

Tire replacement?

Post by Sl4ck3r »

well I had a douchebag seriously damage my 2 week old Roughhouse friday. Slashed the seat, smashed the blinkers but worst of all slashed both tires. nobody in town had the size I needed so I ordered them online. Now the question... is it possible at all to swap out tires yourself or should I have them mounted at a shop? most shops are wanting to charge $25/tire when you just bring in the rim/tire. If the self installation turns out to be a bust how hard is it to remove the wheels? The front one looks pretty straight forward but kind of weary about the rear tire without knowing what I'm getting into.
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

Removing the rear will require a bit more work but it is possible. Hope they caught the guy who did the vandalism.

What I had to do to pull my rear wheel. Remove the fender (easy to do, just a couple bolts) and remove the exhaust. From there it was just a single bolt. Using an impact wrench makes it dirt easy. Please make sure you use a good six sided socket instead of a twelve sided one... you'll strip the sucker pretty quick.
Sl4ck3r

Post by Sl4ck3r »

well I started looking at what I would need to do trying to figure out what's required and came to the conclusion that the exhaust will have to come off. Can you give me some ideas of how to remove the exhaust? I ran out of light tonight but unbolted the exhaust bracket but it's still not budging... how many different spots do I need to unbolt. I know the underneath connection has 2 bolts but didn't take those off yet
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Ya you'll need to take those two off on the bottom and make sure not to loose your gasket, seeing that your scoot is basically brand new I would just reuse it.