roughhouse/rattler/blackcat mods

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

theemptythrone

roughhouse/rattler/blackcat mods

Post by theemptythrone »

so ive searched around the forums and couldn't find anything like this for the more "rough scoots". ive been thinking about doing some modifications to my new roughhouse but i would like some ideas.
post some pictures of your modified scoot be it paint / exhaust / lights/ windshields/ racks/ ect.
plus who doesn't like looking at pictures of scooters?
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Haha good point! What kind of modifications are you looking for? More of the performance stuff or just aesthetics?
ender07

Post by ender07 »

There are alot of good topics on this floating around, the search on the forums kinda sucks so I tend to use Google because I'm a geek that knows the search criteria search (roughhouse mods site:www.modernbuddy.com) and you will get alot of hits.

Here is a more recent paintjob by SuperCyclone.81 (above me) on his Rattler:
110 Paint Job

And here is probably the most modded RH that I have ever seen:
CattyWampus
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

Both I just want to see what people have done, even just the prima and genuine bolt on parts, sadly I'm restricted to just acsessories due to my warranty. But I'm planning on at least putting on a new exaust when the time comes. I'm a little disaponted with the lack of accesories for the rh, I feel like the buddy and the stella have everything you could hope for, while the roughhouse is over looked. They could make some really cool things for the roughhouse that go along with the scoots adventurous spirit, I was thinking like cowl protectors that have a lockable slot for a metal gas can, and for rack with an intergrated light gard like on the old zumas.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

There are alot more mods out there these days than when I got my RH back in '09. Some other things to keep in mind, if fits the Buddy 50, Rattler 50, PMX 50 (Taiwan RH), BuBu 50 (Taiwan Buddy) and some GY6 50's it may fit the RH. When going this route always do an extensive research compatibility check before buying parts.
And for after market parts Malossi, Pinasco, NCY, Technigas, Dr. Pulley, quickly come to mind. Big thing to remember is that it all comes down to measurement's and appearance. If a rubber gas hose is a mm off it probably won't matter. But a mm for a crankshaft not good. And if it 'Don't look like your part it ain't'. There are also universal things that just take a little creativity like mirrors, lighting, painting, etc.
Happy mod hunting.
Attachments
100_0027.jpg
100_0027.jpg (94.63 KiB) Viewed 557 times
100_0024.jpg
100_0024.jpg (86.58 KiB) Viewed 557 times
100_0009.JPG
100_0009.JPG (101.7 KiB) Viewed 555 times
100_0006.jpg
100_0006.jpg (103.9 KiB) Viewed 555 times
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing