Looking into getting a Rattler 110

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Frankenscoot

Looking into getting a Rattler 110

Post by Frankenscoot »

Hello all! My names Alley and i'm from Ocala, FL and am looking into getting myself a Rattler 110 and have some questions about it.

1- I've heard that these little beasts tend to lift off the ground from the line stock?

2- I've heard they go 55+mph stock?

3- Any recalls/cons to this scooter?

4- What's up with the shock? I've never quite understood these kinds of shocks.

5- Do both headlights run at the same time or is it like the Zuma where only one comes on and both come on when you use the highbeam?

6- How big is the gad tank and what's the average mpg?

Thanks a bunch!
"I is to good making it ride faster now it doesn't not have that part witch it didn't can have?"

http://www.ScooterDeviant.com
laxer

Post by laxer »

1- You could probably get it to lift off the ground off the line stock, but not much.

2- Indicated 55 on flat and straight, which usually means about 50 even.

3- Haven't heard of any recalls.

4- Not sure what you mean, but the shock works just fine.

5- It's actually just a single light, but the cover makes it look like two.

6- Gas tank is 1.2 or 1.3 gal (I'm too lazy to look it up), I get around 90 mpg.
Frankenscoot

Post by Frankenscoot »

The shock has that resevoir type thing on it. What's that all about? I've used preload adjustable shock before and have seen these types before but have no clue what they do.
"I is to good making it ride faster now it doesn't not have that part witch it didn't can have?"

Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

Are you talking about the rear shock with the remote reservoir?

This allows the oil/nitrogen (or what ever they will it with) to remain cooler and since it's stored outside of the shock tube it allows the piston to move thru it's full range of motion.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

also....

i weigh 220 so keep that in mind

I can't lift the front, can hit 55 max (on speedo) and get about 70 mpg
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The resivoir is to allow the oil filling the shock to cool off more, and look cool. Top speed is 55 to 60 indicated (10% optimistic like all scooters). It will wheelie stock (if you know how). No recalls but you don't want to top off your 1.3 gallon tank or you'll be sorry. I beat the snots out of my Rattler and average about 70mpg. You only need to run 87 regular octane gas unless you find a way to raise the compression by modifying it. I weight about 200lbs... and my bike is not stock. Oh, and the headlight is a single unit, setup to look like a double. It's a HS1 35w/35w headlight on the 110.
EZPZ #65
tumon-ninja

Post by tumon-ninja »

sorry to break it you but the stock shock reservoir is for show only...

we got the rattler and the speedo stock read 62mph on the flat.. don't know GPS speed though...
Frankenscoot

Post by Frankenscoot »

tumon-ninja wrote:sorry to break it you but the stock shock reservoir is for show only...

we got the rattler and the speedo stock read 62mph on the flat.. don't know GPS speed though...
Really? That's kind of a waste.

luckyleighton

Post by luckyleighton »

I have had my speedo reed up to 67 going down a steep hill. On Flat 55 tops, which is really like 50. I have had mine for a year with no problems and I love it. I weigh 225 lbs and have never tried ot get lift off. You may need to look into mod's in order to do that regularly.

I am not sure about my mileage, I just use mine for a toy