Finished project...maybe!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Keys

Finished project...maybe!

Post by Keys »

Okay, here's how it worked out...I chopped the frame and welded in a backbone. Added a gas tank from a Honda XR350 and welded in mounts for that. Chopped down the nose piece, then chopped down the floor board (I needed the battery housing). I ordered and installed new handlebars and moved the mirrors to the foot area (they are off of a Honda Helix). I removed the foam from the seat, cut it lower, then just sawed it off where I wanted it and restretched the original cover to fit. Added my little toolbox and fabricated a new tailight and license plate mount. Lots of rerouting of wiring and cutting and removing of unwanted stuff. A fair amount of flat black paint. Finally, I ordered a new tire (a Shinko dirt-bike-ish thing) which will be mounted tomorrow.

I think I covered it all...whew!

--Keys

"Life without music would Bb"
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

That is one tough looking scooter. Very cool. Been following your progress on this. I really admire your skills in custom fabrication.

But.... Most importantly, how's it handle?
Keys

Post by Keys »

Handles great! Less weight and my weight is moved lower, so it hugs the curves nicely!

--Keys
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

BAD AZZ.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

I am simultaneously attracted and repulsed. I guess that means you got it right. :D
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

it's f-ing ugly. i love it
Keys

Post by Keys »

How it looks today. May be different tomorrow...never know. And the Shinko rear tire is a nice sticky compound...love that part of it, but, although is claims to be a 130/90-10 tire, it is significantly smaller in diameter than the original. Bad news about that is that my top speed right now is about an indicated 52 mph. Darn. Looks cool, though!

--Keys

nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Mad Max is missing his scooter... :D
EZPZ #65
Keys

Post by Keys »

Okay. So, the big dirt-bike tank leaked and being plastic, my welder was less than effective. So a new tank was in order. This came off of a '75 Honda CB125. Works fine. But...the new tank called for new headlight setup and of course, I had to alter the seat a bit and...well...other stuff. Here it is now...

--Keys
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Damn Fine I like the new look even better, I would be proud to ride that unit. R