Rattler 110 questions

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

birdmove

Rattler 110 questions

Post by birdmove »

I'm wanting to go have a look at one of the Rattler 110s at a local dealer. They have some leftover new ones in stock. I'm wondering if Genuine is dropping the two strok Rattler 110 for 2011? Has anyone heard?

How is your 110s holding up? Anyone got some high mileages on theirs? What could I expect foir gas mileage taking it easy being 5'10" and about 185 pounds? Any particular weaknesses?

I'm reading through this section back to front as I have time. I have owned 4-5 two stroke motorcycles over many yearts of riding and have done some work on them.
Thanks, Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Weaknesses, will loosen up nuts and bolts over time (like all 2t). Is real good performer up to about 45-50mph... anything over that depends on terrain and mods. Rear drum brake leaves a little to be desired (common on scoots). Aftermarket support isn't as easy as a GY6 bike.

Good stuff, fun as heck! Little cutouts in the front legshield provide plenty of footroom for taller riders. Unique scooter. How many over 50cc 2t scooters do you know in the US? Tough scooter.

I ride the heck outta mine and still seems to get 60-65mpg. If I go easy (hahahaha) 70's aren't difficult to get.
EZPZ #65
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

+1 to everything nissanman said.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

From what I've heard there will be no 2011 Rattler 110.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

:cry:
EZPZ #65