rough house 50 cc

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

miked3240

rough house 50 cc

Post by miked3240 »

can people on here tell me how many miles on there scoot and what kind of probloms they had alomg the way.and if there happy with genuine rough house 50 thinking of getting one
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

I have virtually the same bike in the Rattler 50 and I did have a warranty issue early on with a bad ground wire causing all sorts of havoc but it was fixed under warranty and I couldn't be happier.

If or when I can I want to do an epic trek on it. As in cross the country or something of the like.

Mine has over 2,000 miles and I ride it hard daily.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Over 1000 mi.. Only issue I've had so far is hard starting after winter layup.
Fun to ride, hard to mod. Has extra ground clearance for the times you want to go off road, and gives a decent on road experience.
I would recommend a better set of tires to help smooth out your ride.
Welcome to the forum :D .
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
squash

Post by squash »

RH50 here... Very pleased. Was a little hard to start when new but I've got almost 1000 on it now and it starts right up. A little sputtering if you try to ride right off on a cold day (around freezing) but nothing that bothers me.
robby

Post by robby »

4100+ on my Roughhouse 50. I've had it 2.5 years, ride it to work every day, rain or shine (or sleet, snow, hail, whatever). Still going strong with no issues. I've done all maintenance myself for $43 total in parts according to my records. Nothing out of the ordinary - just spark plugs, a bulb and one pair of front brake pads. I expected to have to put a lot more work into a 4-season new england scooter but this thing just keeps riding smooth! I will probably have to put on a new rear tire soon which will cost about $60. I get 87.1 measured MPG which probably equates to about 80.
mg1342mg

Re: rough house 50 cc

Post by mg1342mg »

miked3240 wrote:can people on here tell me how many miles on there scoot and what kind of probloms they had alomg the way.and if there happy with genuine rough house 50 thinking of getting one
:shock: Here's what you meant to say, because I know no one would willingly write that way: "Hello, can you folks tell me how much mileage you've covered, any problems encountered, and overall satisfaction? I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks!"

To answer your inquiry, I've covered about 700 miles. I have spent all day traveling deep into the National Forests with no problems. You do have to respect that it is only 50cc's, with a top speed of 35mph actual for me. It has a very nice ride height (I'm 6'2") and will surprise you on most surfaces. I am very pleased for the money I've paid.
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

My 2009 RH50 has just under 8k on her. I am 2nd owner. Rear drum brake has slight warp to it, not worth fixing. Front brakes are just now beginning to squeal, so I will replace the front pads this spring. Occasionally won't electric start after rain...so I just kick it over until it dries out, 2 days or so. The gas tank gauge float was hitting side of tank and not reading smoothly so I took it out to rebend the float arm to give it full freedom of movement. Other than these, no other problems. I love it, and ride it to work everyday.

:D
robby

Post by robby »

Stinkdyr wrote:My 2009 RH50 has just under 8k on her. I am 2nd owner. Rear drum brake has slight warp to it, not worth fixing. Front brakes are just now beginning to squeal, so I will replace the front pads this spring. Occasionally won't electric start after rain...so I just kick it over until it dries out, 2 days or so. The gas tank gauge float was hitting side of tank and not reading smoothly so I took it out to rebend the float arm to give it full freedom of movement. Other than these, no other problems. I love it, and ride it to work everyday.

:D
Wow, do you know if the previous owner replaced the front brakes? I did mine at 3500 (all city miles here in Cambridge/Boston) and they were completely gone.
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

I don't know. But if that is all they last, then I would guess they have already been replaced once before me.
fitzge74

Re: rough house 50 cc

Post by fitzge74 »

[quote="mg1342mg"][quote="miked3240"]can people on here tell me how many miles on there scoot and what kind of probloms they had alomg the way.and if there happy with genuine rough house 50 thinking of getting one[/quote]

:shock: Here's what you meant to say, because I know no one would willingly write that way: "Hello, can you folks tell me how much mileage you've covered, any problems encountered, and overall satisfaction? I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks!"

To answer your inquiry, I've covered about 700 miles. I have spent all day traveling deep into the National Forests with no problems. You do have to respect that it is only 50cc's, with a top speed of 35mph actual for me. It has a very nice ride height (I'm 6'2") and will surprise you on most surfaces. I am very pleased for the money I've paid.[/quote]
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

I have had mine since March '13 and have 1600 miles on it. Zero problems. I keep gas in the tank, 2 cycle oil full, and adjust the rear brake once in a while. Works great and I have a lot of fun with it. My longest trip so far is 120 miles in a day and it's very comfortable; could've gone a lot further if I chose to.
1971 Hodaka Ace 100
1977 Suzuki GT250 is now sold... Good bike!
1980 Yamaha IT125
Honda: '66 CT90 KO; '83 CT110; '92 CT70; 2001 XR250
and 1 or 2 others... I need to sell some bikes!
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

950 miles clocked so far. 70cc malossi sport kit, NCY super transmission kit installed (highly recommend both) and zero issues. One of the smoothest scooters I've ridden. GPS shows 53 miles an hour at WOT but I think it's going faster now that it's been broke in. Great bike and you should buy one.