Who has high mileage on their 2 stroke?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brianwheelies

Who has high mileage on their 2 stroke?

Post by brianwheelies »

I am at an actual mileage of around 2,700 miles and I feel my engine getting weaker. Top speed has dropped significantly since I bought the bike(lost 6mph or so).

Is this normal in this short of time/mileage?

I also was running light rollers and a stiffer contrast spring which kept the revs higher than a stocker.

Something the dealer did at the 600 mile service also changed the way it ran. Never as good as before it went in. Maybe they swapped my motor with a tired unit! :P

I am not sure if I will keep this bike for a long time or not but if I do the engine will get swapped for something larger so I can do some longer distance trips.

The guy who did 16,000 miles on the Rattler 110 was inspiring.
robby

Re: Who has high mileage on their 2 stroke?

Post by robby »

brianwheelies wrote:I am at an actual mileage of around 2,700 miles and I feel my engine getting weaker. Top speed has dropped significantly since I bought the bike(lost 6mph or so).

Is this normal in this short of time/mileage?

I also was running light rollers and a stiffer contrast spring which kept the revs higher than a stocker.

Something the dealer did at the 600 mile service also changed the way it ran. Never as good as before it went in. Maybe they swapped my motor with a tired unit! :P

I am not sure if I will keep this bike for a long time or not but if I do the engine will get swapped for something larger so I can do some longer distance trips.

The guy who did 16,000 miles on the Rattler 110 was inspiring.
Check out this thread: topic20671.html

I'm at over 4,000 miles on my RH50. Performance has been as constant as it can be given that I've ridden it from -10 F to +90 F. My guess is that asyour scoot just needs some tuning. Could be the mix, a valve adjustment, or maybe it just needs a carb cleaning. You certainly shouldn't have so much wear at 2.7k that you're seeing major performance drops.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

There is a guy here in town with a buddy 50 with over 14,000 miles on the clock. stock top end. I rode it this summer ( around the block) and it still pulled my 240 lb. butt quite well. Impressive. He has owned it since new and swears no new rings or anything, just a belt , plugs, and oil changes.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I got over 20k on my 110, I did have to have it rebuilt at around the 7k mark, but that was due to me riding the absolute snot out of it.
I'd say your problem lies in the tunning as well.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
robby

Post by robby »

Wheelz wrote:I got over 20k on my 110, I did have to have it rebuilt at around the 7k mark, but that was due to me riding the absolute snot out of it.
Wow. Did you have it modded before the 7k mark? I'd think even 7k of WOT miles should be okay but I don't have any first hand experience.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

30 miles of commute everyday, and very long rides on the days off, in extreme Florida heat, was just pushing her farther than she wanted to go all at once. Nothing but minor problems since then though.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Wheelz wrote:I got over 20k on my 110, I did have to have it rebuilt at around the 7k mark, but that was due to me riding the absolute snot out of it.
^^^ Thats sweet!.

Most extreme I saw was a 50cc Tomos a lady bought from me when I had a shop in Baltimore. 26K on a stock top end. It was so weak it would barely run. It had 33K last time I saw her after the rebuild. She roade it every day, kept track of all her gas, and all her expenses. It was cool. I think she had averaged 103 or 106 MPG over the life of the bike.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

i have 15000 on my yamaha zuma well thats on the crank as i have moded it and changed things a couple of times

but there are several zumas over on zf that have had over 20000 miles and one had over 30000 before he reubuilt the top end and those rebuilds were still running when they did them so proably not needed
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

My belt is ready for a replacement.

I put that new shorter belt I bought a month or so ago in and the performance is better again. Need to get the right length though so it gets to the old top speed.