LED underglow on my Rattler

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SuperCyclone.81

LED underglow on my Rattler

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Got the kit in and installed today, gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the results. It's a 7 color kit with a strobe, fade, and dimmer pattern. It can also fade in and out of all 7 color which is kinda cool. My Rat is black and red so I took the picture with the red on, but honestly, I think its the dimmest color of the 7. The white and blue are extremely bright.

SuperCyclone.81

And heres a YouTube link of the kit, although my phone didn't do a very good job with the changing colors IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tMgiuHz-9Y
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

i hate to tell you this sir, but that is badass. :D
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
SuperCyclone.81

Thank ya. But ya, I think it turned out great. I just wish my phone could halfway justify how good they look in person...
SuperCyclone.81

Just ordered another kit for my truck. Planning on installing them later on this week and Ill try to get some pictures of the truck and scoot together with the lights on. And yes I am obsessed with lights haha
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

And from your first pic obsessed with beer! :lol:
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
SuperCyclone.81

Hahahaha nice observation! Haha although I do enjoy a little beer here and there, this picture was taken in my friends garage. So unfortunately I did not partake in the drinking of the beer haha.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

NOT MUCH OF A FRIEND THEN EH?
SuperCyclone.81

Hahaha I know right? It's all good though, I'm turning 21 next month!!
skully93

Post by skully93 »

neat! I'm not sure of the legality here in Denver, but I've wanted to add some light underglow to my scoots for visibility!
SuperCyclone.81

Oh ya man that kit is awesome. I love it, it's super bright and it does make me feel a lot more safe when riding at night.
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

In Colorado, there are some color restrictions as well as making sure the bulb or source of the light does not show from any visible angle horizontal to the light. Anything higher than 12" from roadside could also be considered bad. If you do your lighting subtle and keep it outside of the emergency color spectrum, you should be able to use it. The color red can be used without any problems. One thing to keep in mind, the light must not change, cycle, or flash... it must remain solid.

I've done quite a bit of research on underglow for motorcycles. Visibility for motorcycles is often accepted by most law enforcement agencies. If in doubt, get in touch with your local state patrol officers. Explain to them what you are wanting to accomplish by increasing visibility without sacrificing safety for others. Most of them are really helpful.
SuperCyclone.81

That's great, thanks for the info. I live in Arkansas and I've passed cops in both my truck and my scooter with many different colors and different patterns on and they've yet to pull me over for it(knocking on wood) haha. I actually got pulled over on my last scooter while I had my green lights on and the cop didn't even say anything about it. So ya, your best bet would probably be to check with your local law enforcement like stated above to be safe.