Handlebars are pitched left, how do you fix that?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jspikes906

Handlebars are pitched left, how do you fix that?

Post by jspikes906 »

Hi All, I just got a new roughhouse and went driving after it had rained, took a corner too fast, slipped and crashed my scooter. The scooter is OK minus a few scratches (same with me, thankfully), but now the steering column is slanted to the left. I was planning on taking it in to the dealer tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust the handle bars back to their proper position before I brought it in. Any advice? Thanks!
skully93

Post by skully93 »

could be handlebars, or the fork might be a tad twisted. did you hit front or side?
jspikes906

Post by jspikes906 »

I hit on my side and slid a bit. The fender is off just as much as the handlebars, so I'm not sure if that helps or not (I'm thinking they're connected). I'm taking it in today to get it checked out and get the moped plates put on, hopefully it's a quick fix - the weather up here is getting really nice!
jspikes906

Post by jspikes906 »

I took it in to Scooterville and they were able to fix it pretty quickly. They adjusted the allignment and it only cost $15 - totally worth it in my opinion. I wouldn't have had the tools to do it on my own and it rides like normal again, very pleased.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

:D
EZPZ #65