deleting the oil pump

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cykoticnick

deleting the oil pump

Post by cykoticnick »

So i am in the middle of installing a 26mm carb and ncy intake in my 110. Everything is installed and i have been removing all of the stuff I don't need. I'm premixing now so i removed everything that has to do with it. I fabbed a block off plate for the oil pump like you see for the zuma and other minerelli 2 strokes. Question is I havnt seen anyone else remove the pump only people capping the lines, so is there a reason? Is ours different in a way that having that gear out is going to make the drive gear inside the case come loose? Any help is appreciated, thanks.[/b]
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/index.cg ... thread=564

don't know if this would be any help.
i am a registered member over there. hope you can get it.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
cykoticnick

Post by cykoticnick »

Says I have to create a account to view it. Is it worth the time to create one? Just wondering if it is relatable to the 110 or not. Thanks
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

its a general 2t scoot. tons of info there. i'd get an account and check out all the other stuff. but it is not for the rattler.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
cykoticnick

Post by cykoticnick »

Little update. I removed the oil injection pump. Fabbed up a little aluminum block off plate installed it with some liquid gasket since the o-ring can't work with the plate. Fired it up to see were I'm sitting on the jetting with the new carb and so far so good. Gotta wait for some richer jets before i take it on a longer ride. Only took half hour to get it all done and it cleaned everything up real nice on the engine.
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Im considering on upgrading the carb as well if I end up keeping my rattler. How are you premixing your gas? Like what ratio are you using. And idk if you've got the jets in yet to really test it but I would be interested to know how much of a performance gain you got with the 28mm. Also some pictures of your new set up would be nice! Thanks
cykoticnick

Post by cykoticnick »

26-27 to 1 roughly. I mix about 5oz. Of oil per gallon of gas. It should keep it in a safe range. I haven't gotten my new stage6 jet kits yet but they are in the mail. Hopefully I can start jetting by this weekend. When i get a chance I will take some pics though. Initial start up and cruise up and down my street felt very strong so good stuff so far.
SuperCyclone.81

Sounds great man keep us informed!
SuperCyclone.81

Still no news on the carb?
cykoticnick

Post by cykoticnick »

Last couple of days didn't have much time to mess with it but i went from a 38 slow jet to a 40 and know a 42. Not a big difference between 40-42 jet. So I will run the 42 for now. I will get it out today and do some mid range and top end runs to see if the 115 jet is ok and also see if the needle position is ok(in the middle position currently). Hopefully have good results later today. I will also get pics before I put the plastics back on.
SuperCyclone.81

Great Ill be looking forward to hearing about it
cykoticnick

Post by cykoticnick »

Took it for a short ride and after warm up the mid range and top end were very quick.but the off idle power needs some work. A little more tuning and it will be good. I need a tach so i can see my exact rpm so i can make sure my Dr.p sliders are the right weight. My old top speed was 61 observed and I hit that on a short straight pretty easy. So when I get a tach wired up I can do some new top speed runs.
SuperCyclone.81

Cool, ya I was wondering how you would hook up a tach on the rat seeing that they don't already have one.
SuperCyclone.81

also with the larger carb will it allow the engine to rev higher? Or does it just allow for more gas to go through at once?
cykoticnick

Post by cykoticnick »

I'm still trying to tune a couple dead spots out of the throttle but I'm happy with the mode so far. I looked online and the tach billion looks very simple but the tach has to be 2 stroke campatable. As far as rpm's go more air and fuel coming in combined with a higher flowing exhaust will increase the rpm's. That's part of the problem weigh these mode on a stock bore engine. You need the tach to keep from over reving and siezing the engine. I believe the safe range is under 7500 rpm. More rpm=more heat=possible engine failure.
johnyrrr

Re: deleting the oil pump

Post by johnyrrr »

So what did you end up with on the throttle cable going to the oil pump? What other mods required the bigger carb. What was the nyc intake designed to fit, as I'm interested in this setup
cykoticnick wrote:So i am in the middle of installing a 26mm carb and ncy intake in my 110. Everything is installed and i have been removing all of the stuff I don't need. I'm premixing now so i removed everything that has to do with it. I fabbed a block off plate for the oil pump like you see for the zuma and other minerelli 2 strokes. Question is I havnt seen anyone else remove the pump only people capping the lines, so is there a reason? Is ours different in a way that having that gear out is going to make the drive gear inside the case come loose? Any help is appreciated, thanks.[/b]