New belt?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Wheelz

New belt?

Post by Wheelz »

I'm just wondering what it feels like if your belt is worn out?
I have a problem with my Rat, it runs fine but it won't go over 43 rmph-just had the top end rebuilt compresion is aces and the carb has been taken apart and cleaned as well.
Any ideas?
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Keys

Post by Keys »

That could be a major contributor...you see, a you're belt wears, it gets narrower which in turn makes it unable to open the pulleys all the way. How many miles are on your scoot? If less than, say, 8,000, I'd probably look elsewhere, though.
"Life without music would Bb"
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Man I have almost 30k on this bad boy-had the belt changed twice...it might be the culprit have to get that changed and we'll see.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

30k ? Well done my friend.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

yeah almost four years of daily driving and long trips to the everglades will do that.
I've had it rebuilt twice in the 30 k new rolers, and belt a couple of times, couple sets of tires. She's only been on her side twice, and that's because a couple of ass hats kicked it over at the beach.

I had it rebuilt again because I blew a head gasket and WTH might as well while your in there.
After the rebuild I started to have this problem, took it back to shop, they "fixed" it. Still couldn't get over 42rmph, got fed up with shop, and took it someplace else-they went through it checked all the work done to it and cleaned the carb. It runs better now but still with no pick up kinda sluggish at start, and just doesn't feel like the belt is getting to the spots it needs to be.
I'mma order a new belt and put it in. We'll see if that helps.
Have not sold the kitted rat yet, so I might cut my loses on the this and keep that one not sure yet.
Anybody wanna buy a "slightly" used rat with a mysterious problem real cheap :lol:
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

It may be time for some new reeds if they haven't been changed.