OK, where the hell are the parts for 110's?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

neotrotsky

OK, where the hell are the parts for 110's?

Post by neotrotsky »

So, after a good two weeks, I've realized that everyone in Arizona are a bunch of cheap ignorant fools who want a bike that runs like a BMW with the matainance of a Honda and the luxury of a Vespa for a China-junk scooter price, and I can't even GIVE my Rattler away (seriously: THREE people who wanted a "project scooter" turned their nose up at my rattler for FREE).

So, I've decided to just rebuild it. Shouldn't be too hard if it's just a basic 2-stroke seize: New piston, jug, rings, check the head to see if it's cool and I already got a new exhaust gasket. Should be all I need since the rest of the bike is in excellent condition.

Problem: NO ONE HAS THE PARTS!!!! I have sat on hold with scooterworks for over an hour and a half and got not one human on the phone, and no other shop I can search for on the net or call has them. Am I being completely blind here? I'm not even looking for performance parts. Just enough to get this bike running solid again so I can decide what to do.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Did you try scooterlounge? I'd love to have your bike but I'm too far away. You might consider a partsforscooters 100cc swap. My buddy has a 100cc jog swap from scrappydog it runs good but it was a used motor. It runs around 50mph GPS with 315 lbs on board. Make sure it the stator wiring is the same. His bike was a DC DC bike and now it has an AC stator which was a mess to get it working.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

PM Keys... I'd assume he might know someone in AZ that can get Rattler parts. Also search for PGO PMX110, same bike different country.
EZPZ #65
Keys

Post by Keys »

Jared, check with Jes' Jim with the Scarabs. I gave him my old Rattler and he may want to sell parts.
"Life without music would Bb"
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Noted...thanks! Forgot he had your old bike. Just haven't had much chance to get online while running around like a nutcase with the end of season upon us in the theater world.

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Also, for parts, any Genuine dealer can order the parts. The dealer I use told me that Genuine by law has to continue to provide parts for at least 10 years. They may be more expensive but at least your getting quality stuff...
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

SuperCyclone.81 wrote:Also, for parts, any Genuine dealer can order the parts. The dealer I use told me that Genuine by law has to continue to provide parts for at least 10 years. They may be more expensive but at least your getting quality stuff...
Well, that would be assuming that the Genuine dealers out here weren't average to worthless. There is one in the valley that isn't a bunch of crooks, but it took them 2 weeks to get a single exhaust gasket in. In fact, it was on the ride out there to get the part when my bike seized. Nice enough folks, but still strange that I got to go 115 blocks out of downtown into farmlands to get parts for a scooter. But, at least they're decent folks unlike the only other Genuine dealer in the valley (surprised they're still in business. Guess preying on college kids offering Chinese scooters alongside Genuine still pays the bills along with hackjob "repairs" that don't hold).

Also, it may be just me (again), but Genuine hasn't been much of any help trying to get parts ordered. Both Genuine and Scooterworks kept me on hold for over an HOUR several times before I just said forget it. If I can't even get a phonecall through, how can I get parts?!?

Sorry, but this whole fiasco has really killed my enjoyment of the brand. The Rattler has been an unreliable bike at best, even after a complete attempt to return it to stock. My P200 may not of been able to legally pass emissions no matter what I did and how many shops had their hands in it, but at least it always ran. From here on out, I'll be surprised if I confidently put money on a PGO product since my experience with them has not been very good.

And, this all started from a "Genuine Dealer" in California pretty much ripping me off misrepresenting the bike in the first place. If they were serious about pushing the brand forward, try getting dealers instead of crooks. That may help.

Yes. This is a rant, but it's been a LONG time in coming and I have tried to be as understanding as possible. But, frankly my patience has worn thin. A bike with 4000 miles, only 2000 on a new top end that has been properly broken in with full synthetics and EVERY part in the top end returned to stock and double checked, should not fail constantly. Yet, this does and in new ways. Even the welds on the bike are coming apart on the kickstand, brackets that hold the fender and other hardware on, and even the handlebars! This is not an abused bike by any means.

In comparison, my Stella had 25k miles of HARD commuter riding on it and was still going fairly strong when I sold it. Should of kept that bike...

If it is going to be another Genuine bike, it's going to be a Stella 2T, simply because I won't have to deal with Genuine when it comes to parts. At least that bike has parts I can find.

SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Well I hope that made you feel better at the very least...
gitsum79

Post by gitsum79 »

It's tough to get Sym HD200 parts too. I am considering picking up a Roughhouse 50 because it has a horizontal Minarelli engine and most parts are universal. I previously had a Sym DD50 with the same engine and I could get parts anywhere very cheap.

From everything I have read, the Roughhouse 50 seems darn near bulletproof.

But your experiences with the Rattler 110 are scaring me :(

It seems the Buddy 50, 125, 150, Blur 150, and the Roughhouse 50 have almost no reliability issues from everything I've been reading here. On the other hand, it looks like the Rattler 110, and the Blur 220i have had problems, and even the new fuel injection on the 170i has had a few issues.

I do all my own repairs, maintenance and work. And I don't like the feeling of not being able to find parts or else they are outrageously priced. I had a carburetor issue on the HD200 and even though it's a Keihin carb, there were no replacement parts available anywhere. A new carb cost a whopping $400+! After some searching I found a compatible OKO carb (made in Taiwan) that was $119 shipped, and you can order parts for it should they be needed.

I miss being able to find parts anywhere that only costs a few bucks. I wished I would have kept the DD50...