Bulb information (Updated)

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

spr0k3t

Bulb information (Updated)

Post by spr0k3t »

In my project I'm working on with the roughhouse... I couldn't find a decent bit of information regarding bulb sizes and changing procedures. So, does anyone have information regarding this?

Edit: So I decided to start pulling my RH50 apart to get more information. I'll update this information as I gather more details.

Blinkers front/rear
STD P21W 12V21W E4 37R 2LS - Factory bulb, single filament
Type: 1156 Bayonette
Base: 15mm / 0.6"
Yellow Bulb: (Preferred) http://www.scooterworks.com/Bulb-12-Vol ... 8C459.aspx
Clear Bulb: http://www.scooterworks.com/Bulb-12-vol ... 7C459.aspx
Bulb Change: Remove single screw from back side of blinker module.
LED Blinker Conversion: Standard 1156 Bayonet bulb. You can choose one of two ways for the blinkers to work correctly. 1. Each bulb must have an inline load resistor installed for the blinker to work properly. This method you use the standard blinker relay and will still hear the blinker noise. 2. Convert the blinker relay over to an LED base for low wattage output. The benefit is the drop in wattage/amps needed to allow for other accessories, the down side is there will be no blinker sound. The only indicator will be found with the dummy lights on the dash.

Break light
Osram SK 7528 12VP21/5W - Factory bulb, double filament offset pins
Type: 1157 Bayonette
Base: 15mm / 0.6"
Clear Bulb: Standard 1157 Bayonette
Bulb Change: Two phillips screws from the lense, remove cover.
LED Conversion: Two options with this. You can either go with a bayonette offset 1157 LED replacement bulb or use the premade replacement kit (my personal choice).

Head Light
Philips HS1 12636 HP 12V 35/35W - Factory bulb
Type: HS1
Clear Bulb: Standard HS1
Bulb Change: Center front cover, large philips head with two washers. Four philips head holding the retaining plastics. The top and sides have gator clips, quick tugs will remove entire panel easily. Remove bulb harness by pressing on the side clips and pulling out. Remove condensation boot. Push in tension bar and lift away.
HID Conversion: At this time, the housing depth is too short to support doing a retro fit projector housing install without major modifications. This includes the short depth options found in some motorcycles. Restrictions on the ballast ampere draw require less than 3A total draw for successful installation without killing the battery. At this time, not recommended without daily battery charging using a tender.
LED Conversion: research pending...
Bulb Upgrade: Several users have upgraded the factory bulb to a PIAA HS1 (Amazon.com). The output is the same wattage, but uses a higher kelvin in the color spectrum.

Parking Light
Osram 194 12V1W
Type: 194
Base: 5.15mm / 0.202" x
Bulb Change: Center front cover, large philips head with two washers. Four philips head holding the retaining plastics. The top and sides have gator clips, quick tugs will remove entire panel easily. Pull two-wired harness down from main headlight housing.
LED Conversion: Standard T10 194 replacement bulb. Recommended wide angle (120°) dispersal for best effects.
idm99

thanks

Post by idm99 »

Great info - Thanks! 8)
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

used the info here to replace my pilot light with one of these today http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-2825-Pre ... B00AIJY2ZM

nice bright white goes perfectly with my piaa super plasma
highly recomended
Keck

Post by Keck »

Thanks, spr0k3t! This is exactly the info I was looking for.
aleezysam

Post by aleezysam »

The purpose of Modern Buddy is to inform, educate, entertain and bring us together as a community. This is a forum where scooterists of all ranges of experience, backgrounds and knowledge levels could come and discuss things without feeling intimidated or assaulted by the hostility often found elsewhere. Be civil to one another. Treat everyone with respect. Keep it friendly and remember that not everyone shares your particular viewpoint, nor should anyone be ridiculed or patronized for not believing or behaving exactly as you do.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

aleezysam wrote:The purpose of Modern Buddy is to inform, educate, entertain and bring us together as a community. This is a forum where scooterists of all ranges of experience, backgrounds and knowledge levels could come and discuss things without feeling intimidated or assaulted by the hostility often found elsewhere. Be civil to one another. Treat everyone with respect. Keep it friendly and remember that not everyone shares your particular viewpoint, nor should anyone be ridiculed or patronized for not believing or behaving exactly as you do.
Wow, nothing beats a bot's copy and paste from another post ability. topic1.html

I guess if you have to steal a quote do it from the top.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing