New Roughhouse Owner

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

roughridingcolin

New Roughhouse Owner

Post by roughridingcolin »

8)
Just picked up a 2009 Roughhouse with only 220 miles on it for $1050! Already ran it around the streets a few times and got it up to 50 and 40 on flat with the little brother. Leaving for college soon and wondering what kind of locks and chains people use to lock up their scooters? I'm thinking a pretty heavy duty one. Any help would be appreciated!
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

Definitely get a good alarm. There are options with pagers you can get if you want to go that route. Another good idea would be to get some sort of theft coverage on insurance. College can be cruel on things you own, so know what you need to do to keep them covered. If you can rent a storage or some nearby garage, that would be the best possible route.

BTW, which college?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

+1 on insurance!
EZPZ #65
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

+2 on insurance. I go to the University of Arkansas and everyone rides scooters there. There are easily 1000 scooters on campus on a day to day basis, some people lock them up but I would much rather just pay a small amount on insurance and not have to fool with a lock all of the time. If I had to leave town for an extended amount of time for any reason, Spring/Christmas break, I would usually take it to a friends house with a garage though.
roughridingcolin

Post by roughridingcolin »

Thanks for the help and how much does theft insurance on it usually run for a year? Can you get it for just your scooter without having a car insurance or home owners insurance policy? And I'll be attending Coastal Carolina University in the fall so I shouldn't be too worried about crime but you never know.
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

The best thing to do is to call around to your insurance agencies and ask. For me, the total cost to add my RH50 was just an additional $15 per year for full coverage. Keep in mind, I have two cars, another scooter, and home insurance through the same agent... so my discount was rather large.