Was about to pull the trigger on Buddy 125 and...

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DarbyWalters

Was about to pull the trigger on Buddy 125 and...

Post by DarbyWalters »

saw the new Rattler 110. For the $$$, it looks like a better fit for me. It also has a lot of room for performance improvement if a larger slide carb could be found. I am not found of the "instrument panel...ie box", but otherwise I like the scooter. I just decided that if I wanted a "retro" style scooter, I would have to go metal and get a Vespa, Stella or Cheetak. I have access to a Stella w/ sidecar but I think the Rattler is going to be the choice. The dealership has two Blur 150's and have NEVER SOLD ONE. I can get a demo Blur 150 for $2700 with 600 miles on it, but the looks just don't appeal to me.
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Hopefully the dealer will let you test ride them both. The Rattler is taller, and the suspension is way better than the Buddy. But you gotta love the Buddy 125's peppy four stroke.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I think the Rattler 110 is pretty cool too, but if I could get a Blur for $2700 with warranty I would do that in a heartbeat.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

I guess I could give the Blur a ride...I know it has a great suspension. This one would come with full warranty also. That is $2700 plus TTL/Prep
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.