Yet another new Roughhouse owner

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RobNuclear

Yet another new Roughhouse owner

Post by RobNuclear »

Bought a left over 2012 Red Roughhouse a couple weeks ago from the Plainville dealer. My FIRST scooter.

My work place has a horrible parking situation.... given that I haven't been at the company 20 years, I do not have reserved parking. The have-nots are left to fend for themselves. I used to get into work by 6am every morning for the sole reason of getting a predictable parking spot. Now with the roughhouse, I can get to work whenever I want to without worrying about parking. I no longer set my alarm (unless the weatherman says I shouldn't ride).

I am 6'2-3... My GF says I look like I am riding a toy. I say that's a small price to pay for a good night's rest :D

Perhaps I am inviting a little ridicule since I ordered a helmet meant for highway speeds...
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/image/pat ... 105-03.jpg
Attachments
like a monkey on a tricycle
like a monkey on a tricycle
photo.JPG (120 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

Gratz on the purchase. When the weather gets colder, you're going to thank yourself for getting the fullface.
rentonhighlander

Post by rentonhighlander »

I bought a full face for protection but a side benefit, basically a requirement where I live, is that I can ride in much colder weather. Good choice on the full face.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Welcome fellow Roughhouse rider, congrats on the new scoot. Don't sweat the helmet choice, its a personal thing.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
skully93

Post by skully93 »

The roughhouse seems like a fun beast!

we have too many bugs and airborne bits of nonsense for me to love a half, so we have fulls and I bought a modular a couple months back.

All are great!

I'm sure you'll love not having to argue for parking, and the gas savings ain't bad either!
killa_ed

Nice Scoot

Post by killa_ed »

Have a great time and Ride Safe.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
killa_ed

On a side Note

Post by killa_ed »

I am a large man, 300 Plus but losing it a little at a time. My friend said she thought I would look unusual on a scoot but when she saw me on it sad I looked fine. Don’t worry about what people say about how you look have fun. Save that money, and ride safe as I had said.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
laxer

Post by laxer »

Welcome to the black sheep side of Genuine. I was pushing 260 for awhile and I'm sure I still look like an elephant riding a gazelle, but if you really cared more about what other people thought than your own joy throughout life, you wouldn't have bought a scooter in the first place, right? :twisted:
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

skully93 wrote:The roughhouse seems like a fun beast!

we have too many bugs and airborne bits of nonsense for me to love a half, so we have fulls and I bought a modular a couple months back.

All are great!

I'm sure you'll love not having to argue for parking, and the gas savings ain't bad either!
thats how you can tell a happy scooter rider.
by the bugs in his teeth.
at least they are fresh.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Great place to do business with. Doug and the gang are top notch! You will love your new scooter too.

+1 on the FF btw.
EZPZ #65