Roughhouse 50 rear blinkers

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kooky scientist

Roughhouse 50 rear blinkers

Post by kooky scientist »

Love the Roughhouse 50, but hate the rear blinkers. Once the scooter gets knocked over by the wind or falls down, the plastic rear blinkers break off. Anyone come up with a solution to protecting them.

I'm going to ask a friend of mine who works with metal to see if he can come up with something once he recovers from his broken ribs...
dkw12002

Post by dkw12002 »

I would find a solution to having the bike fall over. I never want that to happen....ever under any conditions. If you drop a bike something a little bad is bound to happen. Broken turn signals, scratched body and bent brake handles, are fairly common from any kind of fall. I've owned 20 bikes or so over 45 years and never had one fall over yet.
kooky scientist

Don't have a garage. The wind knocks it over from time to time...
dkw12002

Post by dkw12002 »

Oh, now I remember. Sorry. I would park it on a rear stand either on the swing arm or spools, or use tie downs. A metal bar with sand bags etc. on either side would work. You could just tie a rope through the rear wheel to those. First, I would look for an upright object such as a tree or house I could tie it next to. You might also be able to pound some spikes into the ground and attach a rope to those through the rear wheel.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Can you change the direction you park, maybe 90 degrees, so the scooter faces into the wind? Not sure how to protect from damage when it falls over; mine have never been down.
1971 Hodaka Ace 100
1977 Suzuki GT250 is now sold... Good bike!
1980 Yamaha IT125
Honda: '66 CT90 KO; '83 CT110; '92 CT70; 2001 XR250
and 1 or 2 others... I need to sell some bikes!
kooky scientist

Usually only gets knocked down at parking lot at work. Doesn't happen very often but it can. No way to predict the wind around here or tie it down. Building owners suck...
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

If all you are worried about are the blinkers, you might try an integrated set up. Your running lights, brake lights, and and blinkers are all in one clean place. This isn't the exact one I bought but this one fits the RH :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ZsV2ddP2Y

You can also get sequential integrated tails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HICZ23LPvW4

This is what I did the second time around on my Ruck and I like it a little better. Personal preference I suppose.