Read Valve part #54 (optional device) - derestriction?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ryan T

Read Valve part #54 (optional device) - derestriction?

Post by Ryan T »

Hello All,

I am new to the forums and have a question I was unable to find an answer to. I have been looking at performance upgrades for my 2013 RH50 and stumbled onto something in the schematics of the RH50 scooter that I want to know more about.

The following is a link to the schematic for ease. http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImag ... use-50.pdf

In the E1 CRANKCASE.OIL PUMP schematic - Part 54 is labeled optional.
This looks like to me some sort of restriction device in the read valve.

As most of you likely know there are other parts labeled "optional" on the scooter that are removed as part of the derestriction process.

In the E4 DRIVING FACE schematic part 21 is removed to derestrict the variator.
In the E11.1 MUFFLER schematic part 27 is removed to derestrict the exhaust flow.
These are the only two that are mentioned in the dealer video as part of the derestriction process.

My question is really this simple. What is part 54 in the E1 CRANKCASE.OIL PUMP schematic? Is it there on a stock scooter? If it is truly a restriction device as I currently assume would removing it require rejetting / intake mods? Has anyone experimented with this and have any feedback to provide or performance gains reference?
Ryan T

Picture is worth 1000 words.

Post by Ryan T »

I guess I should have posted a pic to begin with. Take a look. Part 54 is what is in question.

brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

Not sure. Sometimes a reed stuffer is required.

You should post in the general section and see if someone has experience with this. Have you found this part in your bike?