FoBangah's RH50 build!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FoBangah

FoBangah's RH50 build!

Post by FoBangah »

Hey ladies...gentlemen...lentlemen!
I finally took delivery of my RH50 and a few other goodies to get it up and running today!

I've been talkin' a big game about bringing some "spice" to the custom side of the RH50 world and I've found A LOT of stuff out just by walking around the shop with measuring equipment. Cross referencing for different brake, suspension, and wheel options for this little gem. I've even drummed up a pretty cool headlight option to fit the STOCK front nose plastics.

I'm literally sitting at my evening job right meow just pondering over stripping it down tonight and playing way into the wee hours to try test fitting some things i already have on hand. Fork options -which will open up wheel/brake options, which I also have on hand - Fork setups from different models, PH80/32/30 style calipers, BIG front rotors, ... you name it... if i have it , I'll be test fitting! :wink:

So I figured this would be the start of my officialy-informative build thread of a BAD ASS RH50. I can't dive to much into detail of what I have planned just yet but I will as soon as I know for sure my ideas will apply. In the mean time, sub to the thread and I'll post anytime I get a chance with plenty of pics/specs/general info you guys might deem worthy of utilizing for YOUR bike.

If you think that "slaughterhouse" bike is cool.... STAY TUNED, I'm aiming to make you forget about where meat comes from :wink: !!
Mr Stiffy

Post by Mr Stiffy »

:banger:
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

Ran out of time before the wife tugged my leash - but I did deduce one set of forks I had are just a HAIR from fitting the stock tree, but that the "monkey" hubs are a PERFECT FIT.. even wit hthe stock speedo gear/spacer - CHECK IT FOOLS!

Slammed on stock forks, "monkey" hub + Division disc adapter (yes, for the stock disc rotor or larger)....

Not bad for an hours worth of work :wink:

I have a solution for lowering the stock forks and them ACTUALLY functioning as well, but that requires a trip to the local hardware store! MORE TO COME FOLKS!
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Nice wheel; I like it! You might check out the "Rattler in the Roughhouse" thread in this forum, for a picture of my Roughhouse with a Rattler 110 front fender. Much cleaner look and would go well with your wheel, and with a lower stance.

topic25889.html
1971 Hodaka Ace 100
1977 Suzuki GT250 is now sold... Good bike!
1980 Yamaha IT125
Honda: '66 CT90 KO; '83 CT110; '92 CT70; 2001 XR250
and 1 or 2 others... I need to sell some bikes!
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

OldGuy wrote:Nice wheel; I like it! You might check out the "Rattler in the Roughhouse" thread in this forum, for a picture of my Roughhouse with a Rattler 110 front fender. Much cleaner look and would go well with your wheel, and with a lower stance.

topic25889.html
COOL! I was looking last night and the stock fender is pretty f'ing ugly IMO. We had a Rattler come in for service and I was wondering how close the fork gap was and if one of these would work! Thanks man!

Looks like I may not get to much tinkering on the RH50 today - got some family stuff to do and I'll likely go help out a fellow rider with getting his Metro tuned.

I'll be swapping the spring cut/pipe combo out of the stock and drop the stock springs back in for the time being though - This bike needs a new top end BAD and was sold sans pipe, so I'd like to get it back running then go rip up RIchmond on it for a bit before doing all kinds of crazy stuff to it!

I'll try to stay on top of the thread though!
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

Looking forward to more
scoots greazy v MCgilacuddy.
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

If you find a fork setup that works, adds performance and doesn't cost an arm and a leg please let us know.
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

theemptythrone wrote:If you find a fork setup that works, adds performance and doesn't cost an arm and a leg please let us know.
You know I will. Thats kinda my thing...

I have a set of WrenchWorx (uber rare), a set of NCY Dio forks, and RRGS that are all deadly close to the stock fork tube size, but just won't go in even with a little prying - for my PERSONAL build, I may be taking the stock tree to the machine shop, finding out cost, and then offering it as a 'trade in your core for the next man plus cost of machining' deal.

But after some more measuring today while slapping the top end kit + exhaust on, the Ruckus/Metropolitan tree's are also VERY close in size (Length race to race is approx. 10.5") - Which means if that tree does fit - we'd all be $86.34 away from having every front end option under the son.
.... all I have to do is remember where I put that triple tree at LOL

A set of RRGS + ComposiMo low down kit would put this (and the Buddy) in the damn WEEDS if you wanted it to be low. I mean like... almost unridable low, LMAO.

ALSO - Top end + exhaust installed.. gave up the ghost on reassembly because porks chops + beers were calling my name

SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Looks awesome. Cant wait to see what you've got in store for the little RH
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

SuperCyclone.81 wrote:Looks awesome. Cant wait to see what you've got in store for the little RH
:wink:

Found a rear hub as well (actually TWO different ones)

Sorry for the delay guys - Not much free time as of late. Still a work in progress though!
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

You should make a list with links just in case anyone else wants some of these rad parts on their roughhouse
SuperCyclone.81

+1 to that^

Also, does that rim sit centered if you don't adjust the motor mount?
SuperCyclone.81

Any updates? Haha or is this thing still on the lift?
SuperCyclone.81

Any updates? Haha or is this thing still on the lift?