New mod add on

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

agrogod

New mod add on

Post by agrogod »

I was finally able to get this filter to work on the RH50. My first attempt was less than perfect as it would idle but bog down with throttle. Knew right away it was getting to much air so had to figure out a way to use it with out to much out of pocket expense. As I am in the process of packing in preparation for moving I found an old piece of pliable grey packing foam (the sponge type) and used this as a sort of pre-filter. Stuffed it into the plastic housing to cut down on the air intake and viola! Worked like a charm.
This also helps to cut down on the noise produced when you use this type of filter.
Since I am still using the stock carb the pre-filter is necessary for this to function properly. If I had a 19mm carb this would not even have been an issue.
Did a test run and was quite pleased with the throttle response. Seems a bit peppier and easily hit the 50 mark in about 150 yards.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

That was a clever remedy. I would have probably ordered jets and other mechanical parts before figuring it out.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI