Black Cat

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mammatus

Black Cat

Post by mammatus »

Hello. This is my first time here. My son just got a Black Cat from its second owner for $550.Everything works on it and it's only got a
little over 800 miles on it. It runs well and I am thinking that we got a good deal. Any thoughts? The only negative thing, and it's no big deal, are the goofy stickers on it from the fireworks company. I assume the 30 mph restriction part got removed as we have gotten it up to 47 mph.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Welcome to the forums! You got a steal of a deal for $550. If you have any mechanical problems just ask and the MB hive mind will be more than willing to assist.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
mammatus

Post by mammatus »

Thanks.
mammatus

Black Cat starting issues

Post by mammatus »

Having starting problems- turn key and press start results in whirling noise but no start.Won't kick start either. Replaced battery and it started with button and kick starter for a few days. Now back to the first problem.Will try jump starting it and/or spark plug. Any other thoughts? Charger perhaps? Trying to avoid a trip to the shop.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

You have probably run the battery down with your starting attempts. Putting it on the charger will get it back up to starting condition.
As for the kick starter problem, have you changed the fuel filter and the air filter during your routine maintenance? After two previous owners its probably due.
As this seems to be a fuel related problem try giving it a shot of starter fluid into the carb.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing