New (used) Roughhouse owner--what to look over?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

boyjeenyus

New (used) Roughhouse owner--what to look over?

Post by boyjeenyus »

Hey there! Just picked up a used 2012 Roughhouse from a scooter shop in Vermont. 1,500 miles in great shape. What would be a good idea to look-over (normal wear n tear parts)? They said that they de-restricted it, but it sure didn't want to go much faster than 40 mph on my few shorter test rides level or slightly downhill. I may check both derestrictions today to see for myself. Anything else I should look for while I'm in there? Is it worth cleaning and re-gapping the spark plug?

STOKED to have this scooter after so much research!!!
Stephen
boyjeenyus

update

Post by boyjeenyus »

OK, checked and both restrictions were still in, despite being told that they had been removed. I took them out.....there's the speed I was looking for!!! Still getting a rough idle, and slightly challenging to start. Is it maybe a good idea to run some gas treatment through it with my first tank (like STP), or is that stuff not so good with 2 strokes?
Thanks!
Stephen
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

Don't use fuel treatment for 2 strokes as it goes into the lower end of the engine, not just combustion chamber.

Make sure you have your 2 stroke oil full(get a good quality low smoke oil), check spark plug and air filter and that is pretty much it. Getting some fresh gas in through it is always a good thing.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

If your having rough idle issue's change the fuel filter to. Ethanol gas is the nemesis of our small scoots, and has a habit of clogging up the fuel delivery system. Replacing the standard filter with a re-usable one is more cost efficient and will last the life of the scoot if maintained properly.
You can use a fuel stabilizer/cleaner like SeaFoam, Stabil, B12 Chemtool, etc..
All are 1oz. added to a gallon of gas.

Filter
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
thomasusa80

Post by thomasusa80 »

Aceptar, comprueban y ambas restricciones siguen, a pesar de que nos dijeron que se les había quitado. Los saqué ..... hay la velocidad que estaba buscando !!! Aún así conseguir un ralentí irregular, y un poco desafiante para comenzar. ¿Es tal vez una buena idea ejecutar algún tipo de tratamiento de gas a través de él con mi primer tanque (como STP), o es que las cosas no tan bueno con 2 golpes?
Gracias!

_Edwordstephen_
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Si he entendido bien, usted está planteando estabilizadores de combustible. Por lo general, Stabil o Seafoam son la opción para los motores 2T. Además, trate de hacer sus preguntas en Inglés, usted recibirá una respuesta más rápida. Tuve que usar una aplicación de traducción para responder a su pregunta. Y bienvenidos a los foros, feliz scooting
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing