Thinking about a stage 2 kit

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jwarfield

Thinking about a stage 2 kit

Post by jwarfield »

I'm ready to take the next step with my RoughHouse, so I'm seriously considering the Prima Stage 2 kit from Scooterworks. If it goes well for my scoot I'm going to do the same to my wifes Buddy. Any words of warning, caution, encouragement, help, etc?

Kit Linky:
http://www.scooterworks.com/performance ... _vrx0huq_R
I don't suffer from insanity........I enjoy every second of it!
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Yes. The prima kit is just ok. I would Buy a malossi sport iron kit for a zuma. And Leo Vince makes a better pipe. I put the prima pipe on and I think it's to peaky. I wish I t had more midrange punch. I get tired of screaming around with 5 gram weights in the variator.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

With the Prima and the past issues that they have had, get a good auto paint on the pipe and the jug. Hopefully that will stave off any rust issues and consequently weld failure.
And swap the supplied rollers with 6 - 6.5 gram weights of either roller or sliders, your preference.
Also since your doing the power upgrade think about upgrading your contra spring too. As you have probably found out the RH has poor hill climbing ability.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
jwarfield

Post by jwarfield »

Sorry, forgot to include some info. I've already done rollers, 6.5's I think, and the contra spring. Played around with things and can easily get the front wheel off the ground if I feel the need. I'm looking for more top speed really, topping out at 40mph in the wind doesn't quite do it for me (or my wife) when we are in traffic or going up hill. Also. I'm a little unsure of how to tune the carb. I've pulled them apart to clean them but never messed with the settings other than idle, I've always been careful to put things back exactly as I've found them. Thing of cross-posting this to get more readers....
I don't suffer from insanity........I enjoy every second of it!