getting excited!!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

getting excited!!

Post by KooK »

on Wednesday, I will go to pick up my new 2015 roughhouse, I have been reading and reading over as much as I can. i plan on upgrading and modding my RH a little bit, so I will have questions, but have found a lot out so far.

so, Hi, I'm Kook, I live in New Orleans, I am gonna be a proud RH owner Wednesday!

Eric B
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Sounds like fun. Make sure you lock the roughhouse to something every time you park it. A couple of thieves can toss a scoot into the back of a pick up truck and be gone in 60 seconds.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
KooK

Post by KooK »

bought a 5' 1/2" security chain and super big lock to go with it, I am very worried as I park downtown, and that is a hotbed of thieves.
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

its a good scooter.
ride safe. ride hard
scoots greazy v MCgilacuddy.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Woo hoo! Another Roughhouse rider. Welcome to the ranks. Ride safe.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
KooK

Post by KooK »

i am already thinking of mods to do to it. I can't have something and not tinker with it. I plan on lighting mods first , since I will ride a lot at night, what kind of load can one put on the battery safely? I looked for some kind of answer, but couldn't find one. I know to use LEDs for minimal draw, but i haven't figured out what I am gonna do yet. probably front and rear additions to the lighting
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

Im trying to figure that out too
Im going to swing by some local shops today if and see if there's any options.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Has it been "derestricted" yet?
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
KooK

Post by KooK »

It is derestricted. Got it in a few hours ago. Can't ride it, cold and rainy. And have to wait to get it registered to be legal. But it will get ridden when it dries out, and hopefully warms up.
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

KooK wrote:It is derestricted. Got it in a few hours ago. Can't ride it, cold and rainy. And have to wait to get it registered to be legal. But it will get ridden when it dries out, and hopefully warms up.

Ahem. uh what? "cold and rainy....CAN'T ride it?????"
Up here in Beantown, that is what we ride in ALL WINTER LONG!

:D
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Looks like you're already on the right path by getting that thing derestricted! There are a few lighting mods you can do to really help you see better at night as well as be seen.

I don't think I've posted them on this forum, but I did a little write up about some small LED pods that I put on my Zuma a couple months back.

Here's the link:
http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 10&t=26267

I'm currently running two spots on the outside and one flood on the inside.

So that should be enough light for the front haha. As for the rear, Scooterworks sells a LED tail light thats a direct plug and play replacement:
http://www.scooterworks.com/led-tail-li ... LiYUMac_Ro

I chose to get rid of the blinkers and get a similar tail light that had integrated turn signals.

http://youtu.be/_2xnoZ35vsA
KooK

Post by KooK »

I LIKE IT!!!! that is exactly what I was thinking too, but I was thinking 2 pods on each side, mounted to the bar:
http://www.scooterworks.com/prima-legsh ... Ll1cEfF8eE
KooK

Post by KooK »

well, I tried to replace all my turn signals with LEDs, cant be done yet. got the two back one changed out, put the one on front, tried to test and the relay did not like it at all, buzzing and not blinking, or lighting up. so Until I get a new relay, incandescent bulbs stay up front. nest id to change out the headlight with the PIAA and the parking? light with an LED and see how that goes.
Still not legal :( just gotta get it insured and taxed and I will be a scooter commuter! starting to run some names( looks like everyone else names their scooter, I guess I will too) through my head to see which one sticks...
KooK

Post by KooK »

and when I was changing out the bulbs, I noticed air from underneath the scoot(it was running) if the guy derestricted it and didn't put in a new gasket, would thing cause the air from underneath? and does it need to be fixed right away if that is what it is?
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

you probably felt the air from the cooling fan that's on the crankcase, its easy to check for and exhaust leak though to be sure.
KooK

Post by KooK »

i did not know there was a cooling fan. good to know.
KooK

Post by KooK »

and now I am officially street legal! i will be putting many a miles on it now!!