Any Roughhouses Registered in New York?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Gone4aride

Any Roughhouses Registered in New York?

Post by Gone4aride »

Has anyone registered a Roughhouse in New York State recently? If so, I am wondering if NYS DMV considers it a "class B moped" or not. In order to be a class B, it has to be approved as such by NYS DMV. The Buddy 50 is definitely on the list, but I don't see the Roughhouse listed.
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

I would imagine that if a Buddy50 is there, then a RH50 should be, since most things are the same between the two bikes.

Where upstate are you? I was in Potsdam for 10 years, and also have spent a lot of time in the Adirondacks (took my Stella there last year too!)
Gone4aride

Post by Gone4aride »

As far as Genuine goes, the only model on the NYS class B list is the Buddy 50. The list also includes PGO Buddy 50 and PGO Roughhouse 50. So it seems that if the title comes through as "PGO Roughhouse 50" then it will be treated as a class B by DMV, but if the title lists "Genuine Roughhouse 50" then it will be treated as a class A motorcycle.
nysheepy

Post by nysheepy »

I'm in NYC. I had some problems with registering too. I finally got it registered under PGO Roughhouse 50. Make sure your insurance company matches the DMV wording exactly. My insurance company originally had Genuine instead of PGO and that screwed up DMV cause they need to match it. Got my insurance company to manual type out what was needed and DMV would then approve. Price was about $18 to register and about $6 something to renew.