Thoughts on a Windscreen

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ffeingol

Thoughts on a Windscreen

Post by ffeingol »

Hello,

I've been thinking about getting a windscreen for my buddy to keep the bugs etc. out of my face. So far I've found a medium and tall Prima one. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them (I tried searching, but did not find much).

- Do they affect millage?
- Do they affect speed?
- How do they hold up?

Thanks
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I got the Prima (medium, I think). It rises 14 inches above my headlight.
I like it in cool winter weather and in the rain. I take it off for summer. I felt no affect on top speed or fuel economy. With the Prima, wind blast hits me at eye level and shields the chest and neck.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
ffeingol

Post by ffeingol »

Thanks. Why do you take it off in summer?
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Its flippin hot in my part of Texas, so I want to feel the wind.
Here is a pic of mine.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
ffeingol

Post by ffeingol »

OK, thanks. That looks like a Buddy and I should have said RoughHouse (this is in the Roughhouse forum ;-) ).
ffeingol

Post by ffeingol »

Anyone have any experience with one of these http://slipstreamer.com/scooter/scoot-66/ on a Roughhouse?
sweetchrist

my 2 cents

Post by sweetchrist »

:D On my RH I had to go to bar end mirrors for safety sake. Used the threaded holes from the mirrors to mount 20" x 3/8 hoop i bent from aluminum stock. Zip tie any variation of screen I cut from plexiglass to that. Have tinted clear hi low etc. might have 30$ into it[/b]
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
--Gretsky
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

ffeingol wrote:Anyone have any experience with one of these http://slipstreamer.com/scooter/scoot-66/ on a Roughhouse?
I have owned 3 slipstreamer windshields. I think they are a great windshield. They are thick acrylic with mounting points isolated by rubber grommets. I've used scoot 30 and scoot 66 on two of my buddies. I reshaped all 3 of them. I think their stock shapes are stupid, and don't fit very well. You must also use loctite on all the fasteners. I go as far as carry the supplied wrenches with my other tools under the seat. Up front you can see the 66 on my 170i, notice the new shape. In the back you can barely see the scoot 30 on my 125. They would look similar on your R50.
boyjeenyus

I have the medium Prima on my RH50...love it

Post by boyjeenyus »

Way easier driving with bugs and warmer in medium to colder weather. I didn't notice any change in performance.
Cheers!
Stephen