Roughhouse Conversion Help Needed

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JewelryMonk

Roughhouse Conversion Help Needed

Post by JewelryMonk »

I just installed the Stage 2 conversion:
I replaced the piston and cylinder to 70cc, replaced slides and spring, put on the Prima pipe, and changed the jetting from 82 to 95, which came with the kit. I fired it up and it started and idled fine. When I went to test it on the road, it had absolutely no response to giving it gas, just barely putt-ed. I removed the airbox to see if more air would help, and it did a bit. It didn't have any bottom end acceleration, but got up to about 35mph. I noticed if I gave it more gas, it would bog and I could feel (with my hand) a spray of gas coming out of the carb.
Is this all a jetting issue and do I just need to play with jetting until it is satisfactory? I am contemplating going to a 19mm carb and a performance air filter, but that doesn't help me today.
Thank you for your help.
Doug
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Sure you didn't put the piston in backwards?

There should have been a small arrow on piston, is it pointed toward the exhaust?
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
JewelryMonk

Post by JewelryMonk »

I did pay attention to that, made sure it was in right.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Try putting the stock exhaust back on. You may need different rollers or clutch springs to use the Prima pipe. The Prima pipe robs all the bottom end.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Pretty sure I jetted my malossi 70cc/prima pipe combo to a 105. Also I replaced the reeds with carbon fiber that came with my kit.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
JewelryMonk

Post by JewelryMonk »

I bumper mine up to an 118 jet, and I probably need to go up a bit more. Plug still white. I have good mid to upper range, but still bogs out at lower end and a bit at top speed. I raised my needle one notch, and will see how that works.
Roughhouse 50
70cc upgrade
19mm Malossi with Racing air filter
Prima Pipe
6.0g Sliders and stronger spring