Ncy big bore kit 72cc from scooter works HELP ASAP

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

StormStrouper

Ncy big bore kit 72cc from scooter works HELP ASAP

Post by StormStrouper »

So I have recently purchased a a NCY 72cc big bore kit from Svooterworks and am quite disappointed, installed properly and is still giving me bad performance. I have been hitting 65 and then the scooter turns off. I have a couple of ideas like the spark plug and ingnition both not hot enough. I have a total crap lag ftom beginning to about 50 than it finally takes off. I found a lose green wire that is attached to thr postive charge on my battery. Help asap. Thanks!
Hunter
StormStrouper

Post by StormStrouper »

Sorry for the crap spelling, new phone.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Did you rejet the carb for more fuel? If not, then I'm wondering if its overheating at high speeds then seizing up thereby "stopping". Are you able to instantly restart the engine after coming to a stop? Have you taken any plug readings after installing the BB kit to see if the engine is running lean?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I found a lose green wire that is attached to thr postive charge on my battery.
Look closely. It's a green wire with a black stripe. That wire serves no purpose. My R50 had it. I've read on this forum of others noticing it.
That wire does not show up in the wiring diagram. I have no idea what it is for. Others have came to the same conclusion.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

The wire was for a sidestand safety switch in other countries. It isn't used here, and yep. Its of no worry.

Check the plug, jet it richer, and make SURE the petcock is flowing enough fuel to the carb.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?