Broken Turn Signal

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Broken Turn Signal

Post by R50Rider »

Broke my right front turn signal off the mount the other day. . .or at least I think I did.

I didn't remember it being that way when I left for a ride. It's possible I may have hit it with my knee when making a tight right hand turn coming off a stop sign and leaned forward to get into the flow of traffic under WOT.

A yard of Gorilla Tape is keeping it reattached nicely to the mount so I won't have to spend the coin to get a new one right away.

Upon further analysis I did find that if I turn the handlebars all the way to the right (or left) and keep my legs in and forward it is possible to have an interference problem. That being said I figured I'd pass this info along to make the R50 riding public aware and maybe save them $25 every now and then.

In the big picture the scooter has been running flawlessly now up to almost 800 miles. . .so I guess I'll see how many miles more I get out of the Gorilla tape. :nerd:
Attachments
DCP_1447a.jpg
DCP_1447a.jpg (195.68 KiB) Viewed 618 times
R50Rider

Home Made Floor Mats

Post by R50Rider »

I got some cheap rubber mat material up at the local hardware store and made myself some custom mats to stick on the R50 floorboard. I used heavy duty Velcro tape and placed small pieces of it (both sides attached) in the recessed areas on the floorboard so the mats sat flush when I installed them. The thickness of the tape was perfect so the attachment is secure. I haven't had any problems with them sliding off or lifting. Before I cut the mats to size I made a cardboard template to see how that would fit first and then scribed the outline on the mat material for cutting. Sorry I didn't see a spec printed on the back of the material but here is a pic to give you an idea.. . .
Attachments
DCP_1448a.jpg
DCP_1448a.jpg (172.79 KiB) Viewed 615 times
KooK

Post by KooK »

i just broke mine too, complete plastic failure. i didn't hit it. just the rough streets and bumps caused it to break.. i had to spend the 25 bucks for a new one. wonder if it is a bad batch of cheap plastic? and I just hit 1100 miles on mine
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

I wondered if mine broke loose from road irregularities as well. . .as much as I try to avoid them. I just didn't remember hitting my knee on it but I could see how it could happen. The plastic isn't super strong but seemed adequate. I installed deer whistles some time ago and they haven't fallen yet so either way you look at it I'll eventually have to get a new turn signal. I hope that it comes with a yellow lens because I've seen clear lens turn signals advertised online. I took this pic of the deer whistles when I took the pic of the broken turn signal and they are still holding on OK despite the high summer temps around here lately. . .the adhesive hasn't failed.
Attachments
DCP_1450b.jpg
DCP_1450b.jpg (199.66 KiB) Viewed 602 times