Just picked up my Rattler 110--OMG this is fun!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

boyjeenyus

Just picked up my Rattler 110--OMG this is fun!

Post by boyjeenyus »

Finally got my hands on my 09 Rattler 110, after buying it 6 weeks ago. This guy only has 715 miles on it and is bone stock so far. First 2 rides were ridiculously fun. I was literally giggling the entire time and continued to giggle for about 30 minutes after my first ride :)

Coming from a Roughhouse 50, which I love, but found myself riding wide-open throttle almost all the time and struggled to keep up with traffic on 45 and 50 MPH roads that I regularly ride. So far the Rattler seems to be exactly what I wanted: slightly faster top speed (56 indicated on flat so far, hoping to eek a few more MPH with some mods), much more power to keep up with traffic at 40-50 mph, and not feeling like I have to ride WOT all the time.

SO STOKED! I'll be upgrading to the Arreche carb that I bought from another member here in the next few weeks. Should be even more fun :)

I figured that I'd share the stoke!
Stephen
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Congrats on the new ride! For some odd reason, I find riding a scooter more fun than riding a motorcycle. Not that I don't like motorcycles, but for some reason I feel more involved with the riding process on a scooter. Btw, why did it take so long to get your Rattler?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
boyjeenyus

Love it so far!

Post by boyjeenyus »

It took awhile because I bought off craigslist from someone a ways away from me, then had a friend pick it up, and I finally ended up in the right place to actually get it :) Long story, but worked out well!
Stephen
boyjeenyus

OK, found one problem...the horn doesn't work.

Post by boyjeenyus »

I push the button for the horn, and nothing. I took apart the switch and everything looked brand new and good to go in there. I then checked wires, and all the connections are tight inside the front. Looks like the switch goes to a relay or something, and then sends power from there to the horn. I tested the horn itself with some jump wires to the battery and it's perfectly functional (and insanely loud). I'm gonna get a volt meter and check a few things out, but is it possible that the relay went bad?
Cheers!
Stephen
boyjeenyus

OK! Fixed

Post by boyjeenyus »

I did a ton of poking around with a volt meter, and after determining that every wire was going where it should be, had power or ground where it should, I was forced to conclude that the relay was bad. Picked up a new one at Autozone and BAM!!! I finally have a horn--and a REALLY loud one at that :)
Stoked!
Stephen
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

Enjoy the Rat, much stronger than a RH where it matters most.
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

Any updates?
boyjeenyus

great so far!

Post by boyjeenyus »

Still wiring-in the carb tuning, but it's 99% great as is. I think that I gunked a few things up by trying to pre-mix (the throttle cable to the oil pump was frayed and hanging). But, it starts well, runs great, and is generally a ton of fun. It seems like every day, I drive it around the block whether I actually need to use it for anything or not because it's so much fun :)

PS replaced the tires with Kenda dual-sportish ones because I'm on gravel/dirt quite a bit, which helped with traction in those situations.

Stephen