2015 rough house-fan?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

roughrider2015

2015 rough house-fan?

Post by roughrider2015 »

I have a 2015 RH, my question is I feel a cool flow of air coming from the left hand underside of the engine at idle. It is NOT coming from header gasket
It does not have any smoke color
It does not have any abnormal sound like a leak
Is there a fan on the underside left hand side of the engine?
I see a metal silver color ribbed opening where the air flow is coming out.
thank you in advance
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Ignore the circle. See the shrould pointing down? It's held on by 3 screws, and it is down and in front of the exhaust. This is the engine fan. It is mounted to the outside of the flywheel. This is what you are feeling.

roughrider2015

Post by roughrider2015 »

no,
opposite side about 3 inches in front of the air filter box, on the under side there is a cut out (factory) and inside it looks like fins. The air is cool, not warm, not an exhaust leak from the header. It is a constant cool flow of air. Is the cylinder head air cooled from the fan?
roughrider2015

Post by roughrider2015 »

here is a picture where a constant flow of cool air comes out of and you feel it about a foot to the left of the scooter.
tbswope

Post by tbswope »

The first picture showing a black circle with three screws is where the fan blade is located and air enters, the last picture is where the air exits.
roughrider2015

Post by roughrider2015 »

well that answers it, the engine has an air cooled (forced by fan) cylinder head even at idle, the fan blows across and exits out the bottom of the scooter.

Thank you.
tbswope

Post by tbswope »

I believe that is for stop and low speed, otherwise natural air flow at normal speeds is the main way of cooling. The scoops on each side of the headlight and behind the front tire force air across the motor.