Broke the tab! Grrrr

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

Broke the tab! Grrrr

Post by KooK »

Replaced my stock flasher unit with an LED flasher. Well the thin plastic tab the keeps it on broke while trying to slide it off. helpful hint: unscrew the four screws of the dash to remove it much easier. The tab broke, so had some industrial Velcro around. It is now velcro stuck in place.
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

Did you mean the flasher in the gauges? It sounds like you took off the upper cover and were trying to replace a bulb under the gauges. I had to pull that cover off when I replaced my right front turn indicator recently in order to secure the wire connection. And as a side note I noticed my brake fluid needed to be topped off which indicates there is wear on the pads. My Roughhouse has about 2200 miles on it now and I think I'll double that before Labor Day. I've used heavy duty Velcro to mount a light switch on my Suzuki and it's held fine for years. . .great stuff to use when appropriate or conditions allow. I also used it to mount my rubber floor mats on the cargo deck. . .avoided drilling or using damaging adhesives. See pic. . .
Attachments
DCP_1448a.jpg
DCP_1448a.jpg (172.79 KiB) Viewed 749 times
KooK

Post by KooK »

no, I mean I replaced the flasher relay because I have LED lights for my blinkers. it works so much better now. i have about the same mileage as you. it is my work commuter machine as long as its not raining here in New Orleans. I love my roughhouse!
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

OK. . I see what you mean. I thought of that after but wasn't sure. Have fun riding around New Orleans. Before I bought the Roughhouse I saw some videos on YouTube that somebody posted riding on a Buddy 50 through your town. My parents visited there many years ago. . .before Katrina. . .they had a great time. At the end of the day I'm glad I got the Roughhouse in lieu of the Buddy 50. . . :helmet:
KooK

Post by KooK »

For new orleans, a scooter is priceless!! And yes, I love my RH and will be doing some mods soon that I have the summer off to do them! If will wait for go faster parts till next year though. Gotta get out of warranty...

New Orleans is great, except for the potholes, those suck!