RH 50 Aftermarket carb

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itstodd

RH 50 Aftermarket carb

Post by itstodd »

I have a 2012 RH50 That has been sitting with ethanol in it for a couple of years and now it will not start. I know what ethanol does sitting in carbs and I would like to replace it with an aftermarket carb. Any recommendations?
KooK

Post by KooK »

Why dont you just remove it and clean it? I did this to a friends buddy 50. Sat for a few years and was neglected. Removed the carb and cleaned it and it started right up, after the third try. I recommend getting the gunk bucket and soak it for twenty minutes. Very easy.
itstodd

Post by itstodd »

Like I said, I would rather replace it. Hence the request for an aftermarket. It was in the shop 4 times with cracked bowls and what not during the warranty period and would never start below 60 degrees. I want something reliably . An original replacement for what I have experienced is a POS at 169.00. My scoot has <2000 miles and many trips to the shop. Not to mention the times it's been pushed home. I am far from in love with OEM quality. I have the money to do what I want with this scoot so if you can recommend something I am all ears. I do not need turd polishing recommendations.