zino

Bang for the Buck Roughhouse Build

Post by zino »

I own a 2018 Black Roughouse
That I have added and tried a bunch of different parts on
Polini ,Malossi ,Stock and NCY Golden Variator
A variotor upgrade is a must do the stock variator leaves about 4mm of travel

Ncy Street Pipe ,Malossi Wild Lion ,Yasuni R
The NCY pipe is only slightly better than stock the Malossi pipe runs 500 rpms more and that Yasuni R runs 1000 rpms higher with power over stock

I have run all 3 pipes on stock bore and with Malossi MHR Replica
A kit adds alot of power but needs a carb upgrade and a temp gauge to protect the investment.

Stock Carb upjetted main and a bolt on 17.5 Dellorto carb
the stock throttle cable and autochoke can be used .

I have also swapped in malossi gears
I did have to lighten the weights so I could get the same shift points with the 11 to 1 gear ratio

From my experience over the last year tuning and my prior years experience tuning Yamaha Zumas and Vinos.
zino

Re: Bang for the Buck Roughhouse Build

Post by zino »

My wifes 2022 Roughouse Sport
Is a Bang for the Buck Up grade

Variator
NCY Golden Variator 33 bucks
The stock back plate and drive Boss works fine with the variator
6 gram sliders 20 bucks
NCY Medium Clutch Springs 8 Bucks

Malossi Wild Lion Street pipe
130 bucks

Stock Carb up jet 5 bucks
82 main Upsized the pilot to a 38 to richen up mid range and off throttle

Before Upgrades her Top Speed was 40-42
Now it is 44-45
Much better take off and Top End
For under 200 bucks a much better set up

Every road within a 100 yards of my driveway is 45 mph so getting up to speed faster is a must do
Therealslimshaggy

Re: Bang for the Buck Roughhouse Build

Post by Therealslimshaggy »

I ran the golden ncy variator kit with three different belts trying to get a reliable setup and boy was it a mistake. My engine was stock except for the sport exhaust. Not a tuned pipe or expansion pipe just Regular pipe with more free flow.
Gps results were as follows.
Ncy variator with mitsuboshi belt 51mph. Belt lasted 200-300 miles. Put on 3 mitsuboshi belts. Snapped all. The last two snapped with cvt cover off just to see if heat was a contributing factor. Conclusion mitsuboshi belts are soft rubber.
Ncy variator with bando belt. 44mph gps. Never snapped and no rubber shavings but never felt right. Felt slipping with terrible acceleration. Parts of the powerband were bad
ncy variator with malossi Kevlar belt. This by far was the best belt on for the ncy kit. Belt was thin and maybe better suited for the extreme angles of the ncy kit. Interesting enough there is a complete cvt kit including clutch variator and belt by malissosi made for the RH. Should have got that kit. Better mated to itself and angles I would guess. Anyway the results of the malossi belt on ncy were 46mph gps about stock speed acceleration with slightly more top speed. Belt would last about 3000 miles Thought a Kevlar belt would last longer but that ncy kit likes to chew up belts.

Final thoughts.
Kit (golden ncy cvt variator kit) was bought from scooter swap shop for the roughhouse 50 as advertised. Kit said dio on some on the drive disks. Maybe it’s universal. Maybe a dio belt would last longer. How you guys got the ncy kit to work is amazing. It didn’t work for me on a itty bitty bone stock low power engine using 3 different belt. The takeaway. - buy yourself a complete malossi kit. Probably at least last 5000 miles.
Yamaha Aerox 155, Genuine Roughhouse 50, Genuine buddy 170i, Yamaha Cygnus 125, Honda grom 125, Suzuki address 110 (uk110), Yamaha cuxi 115, Yamaha BWS 100 2t, Yamaha R6, Honda CR125, Kawasaki KX 500