Front Brake Caliper RH50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

danwatson603

Front Brake Caliper RH50

Post by danwatson603 »

I had to replace the front forks and triple tree for my 2011 Roughhouse 50 (friend crashed it into a granite curb). Unfortunately the part sent to me was for a 2013 and they are drastically different. After a lot of grinding I was able to get the new triple tree installed but now the caliper does not line up. The old caliper has holes that are aprox. 4.5cm center to center where as the holes on the fork are aprox 6cm center to center.

I am struggling to find the right caliper to buy as I have seen a few different variations.

I believe this is for the non sport (no bracket on the caliper) but I cannot confirm.

If I need the sport caliper I would then have to get a new disc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ride safe!

DW
Therealslimshaggy

Re: Front Brake Caliper RH50

Post by Therealslimshaggy »

I do hope you’re replacing your caliper with an ncy 2 piston caliper. The stock oem 1 piston caliper was absolutely garbage in every single way on my 2012 roughhouse. It didn’t align. Didn’t feel right. Didn’t brake well. Consider this trouble you’re having a blessing. Time to try an ncy caliper. No matter what it’s a nessisary on the roughhouse to obtain acceptable braking power.
Attachments
38385BEE-A998-42ED-8A01-AB3A332FD250.jpeg
Yamaha Aerox 155, Genuine Roughhouse 50, Genuine buddy 170i, Yamaha Cygnus 125, Honda grom 125, Suzuki address 110 (uk110), Yamaha cuxi 115, Yamaha BWS 100 2t, Yamaha R6, Honda CR125, Kawasaki KX 500