Rattler MPG?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

denskies

Rattler MPG?

Post by denskies »

recently finding out that the ODO is in kilometers has opened my eyes to the ugly truth behind my scooter.... IF in fact it is kilometers that means that on a single tank of gas I got 60 kilometers..... which brings me to roughly
- 30 miles on a gallon of premium gasoline.

Granted, I do have a 19mm carb installed.....Does this sound right? and if so ,would installing the stock carb bring me back down to where I need to be?
Silver Rattler buck ten
Custom bars
clutch spring kit
21 mm carb
custom front turn signals

Soon to be "the BATtler"
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Check your ODO with a GPS unit... they are in miles. Do not rely on the owner's manual to be 100% accurate when it makes a refference to units measured. My Garmin E Trex and odometer both agree on distance traveled in miles :)
EZPZ #65
denskies

Post by denskies »

ok so is the trip also in miles? Because ive had one dealer tell me that the trip was in kilometers and the odometer was in miles, and another dealer tell me they were both in kilometers..... :?:
Silver Rattler buck ten
Custom bars
clutch spring kit
21 mm carb

Soon to be "the BATtler"
ledge

Post by ledge »

My trip and odo is in miles... just no decimal point between the actual miles and tenths of miles. I guess that one decimal point would have broke the bank!
denskies

Post by denskies »

ok so even if my trip meter is in miles, BARELY 60 miles to a tank of gas?.... should i downsize the carb?
Silver Rattler buck ten
Custom bars
clutch spring kit
21 mm carb

Soon to be "the BATtler"
barndwellers_md

Post by barndwellers_md »

What exhaust do you have? If you have a prima you won't get squat for mileage or performance. Get a v8 and see a huge difference.

Stock carb is 19mm. I'm still on a learning curve, but tuning is everything for efficiency and mileage....I'm developing an ear for when it's running correctly.
denskies

Post by denskies »

stock carb is 19mm?
I have the stock pipe on it. How can I tune this beast to be efficient yet badass?
Silver Rattler buck ten
Custom bars
clutch spring kit
21 mm carb

Soon to be "the BATtler"
barndwellers_md

I wish I had more answers after three thousand miles - still tinkering myself, but I'd recommend anyone to get a v8 exhaust before they get anything else. The Prima won't let me see 60 but on a very steep downhill...it limits me to 54/55 on flats and I only get in the 60's mpg wise. Hard to believe they came up with that design for the Rattler...I think they tried to get it to the 'magical' length of three or so feet, but my Rat doesn't like that long of a pipe before the exhaust can see daylight.

The v8 for some reason is very efficient at pulling air/fuel through - I've got it tuned so that I see 61 (indicated) up a mild long hill and 68 or 69 down a mild hill...fuel mileage is in the 70's without even trying to conserve. It's a total different scoot with it on.
denskies

Post by denskies »

where can I get a v8 pipe?
Silver Rattler buck ten
Custom bars
clutch spring kit
21 mm carb

Soon to be "the BATtler"
barndwellers_md

luckyleighton

Post by luckyleighton »

ledge wrote:My trip and odo is in miles... just no decimal point between the actual miles and tenths of miles. I guess that one decimal point would have broke the bank!
is this in regard to the trip meter? My odo is obviously in miles, but I have noticed the trip meter is in something else. It would make sense if there is supposed to be a decimal at the tenths point. That would make 564, 56.4 miles. is that right?

I just ride and ignore it now, but it would be nice to know.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

You got it. The decimal point must have cost too much :lol:
EZPZ #65
denskies

Post by denskies »

no...I know the decimal isnt there. Im still getting like 45 miles to the gallon
Silver Rattler buck ten
Custom bars
clutch spring kit
21 mm carb

Soon to be "the BATtler"