Questions about Rattler performance

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scalpel

Questions about Rattler performance

Post by Scalpel »

I recently bought a Roughhouse, and am already feeling the limitations of the 50cc engine. My local "main drag" has speeds of 30-50 mph, and my little Roughhouse can't quite keep up. I live in Seattle, and the hills around here are also making my scooter struggle.

My question is this: will upgrading to the Rattler give me the speed and hill-climbing I need? I'd like to hit 50 mph (actual) and make it up some pretty steep hills without pissing off cars behind me. I'm 5'11", weigh 230 lbs, and the only modification I'd be making to the Rattler is a windscreen.

Would the Rattler suffice?
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

We weigh about the same, i can hit 55mph on flat ground. Don't have any big hills here. I think it would do what you want.
Scalpel

Post by Scalpel »

I upgraded to the Rattler on Saturday, and the difference is immense! I was able to take the 110 up James Street in Seattle, which is one of the steepest hills in the city, and it didn't slow down at all. The top-end is also perfect for running up and down Highway 99, which can sometimes get up to 50 mph. In fact, I was riding it back from Valley Scooters and on one road, hit 60 mph before backing off. It felt a little sketchy at those speeds, or it could have been my own trepidation...
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

It gets sketchy at those speeds, but not rediculous. You won't have enough rear brake at that speed but the front will still get the job done.
EZPZ #65
luckyleighton

Post by luckyleighton »

I am 6', 225. I hit a real 50 on flats...and 45 going up steep hills. I try and stay out of zones >50.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

My Rattler 50 will hit 47 (I am 6ft 210lbs)
but it has the prima pipe, changed rollers & the spring kit
all done by the dealer -
you might want to think about the kit
http://www.scooterworks.com/Performance ... 99C495.cfm

my scoot came with the kit on it, so I dont know what it was like before the kit, but I have a LOT of hills in my town & I dont have any trouble keeping out of the way of traffic