break lights for top case

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mdwill80

break lights for top case

Post by mdwill80 »

does anyone have any ideas about adding break lights to their top case..
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

http://www.scooterworks.com/Scooter-Bra ... 9C703.aspx

I did these on my liscense plate bracket, it helps. Mainly to catch a distracted or drunk driver at night that I'm stopped. For $30 and a simple install, I'm sure you can make it work on your topcase.
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

A friend of mine has a vespa lx150 with a shad 40 top case. it has what looks like a reflector but does not actually reflect. i ad the vinyl shop cut me a piece of silver reflective vinyl and i put it behind the lens. it works great. it glows as bright as a light would when lights hits it. I was going to wire in led behind the lens as well but don't think I really need to now.
buddy boy

Post by buddy boy »

I have added tail lights to my top case. I used 8" Flex LED strips available at Advance Auto and I'm sure at other auto parts stores, too. I used one set per side. A set costs $14.99. I drilled a small hole in the case to feed the wires through, then to the wiring harness. If you want to see the results,you can see them on my site, https://sites.google.com/site/buddyboyscooter/home. Click on pictures. The photos ending in 159, 160, and 163 are of the tail lights.
jahair

Post by jahair »

buddy boy wrote:I have added tail lights to my top case. I used 8" Flex LED strips available at Advance Auto and I'm sure at other auto parts stores, too. I used one set per side. A set costs $14.99. I drilled a small hole in the case to feed the wires through, then to the wiring harness. If you want to see the results,you can see them on my site, https://sites.google.com/site/buddyboyscooter/home. Click on pictures. The photos ending in 159, 160, and 163 are of the tail lights.
I want to add lights to my Fiancée's Genuine Top Case on her Buddy 125 can you give more details and photos of how to do it please.

Thank you,
Jason
If you set out to fail and you succeed, which have you done?
buddy boy

Post by buddy boy »

Sure. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am going to add them to Buddy girl's topcase. I will document the process and post it. It is pretty easy to do. It just took a little time to figure out the best way through trial and error. I will post it soon. Probably on my website though. I don't want to add a bunch of pictures on this site. I understand that it is frowned upon. I let you know. Thanks for the interest.
jahair

Post by jahair »

buddy boy wrote:Sure. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am going to add them to Buddy girl's topcase. I will document the process and post it. It is pretty easy to do. It just took a little time to figure out the best way through trial and error. I will post it soon. Probably on my website though. I don't want to add a bunch of pictures on this site. I understand that it is frowned upon. I let you know. Thanks for the interest.
Thank you so much. I look forward to seeing how it's done. Please keep my informed.

Jason
If you set out to fail and you succeed, which have you done?
buddy boy

Post by buddy boy »

Well, I put together a little primer for adding brake lighting to Buddy top cases. I have done it twice now. Here is the link to my site. Gtownscooter top case brake light

Click on Top Case Lighting on the side bar.

Good luck and remember to be careful, the lenses are brittle when you are tightening them. Let me know how it works for you, or if you have any questions.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

buddy boy wrote:Well, I put together a little primer for adding brake lighting to Buddy top cases. I have done it twice now. Here is the link to my site. Gtownscooter top case brake light

Click on Top Case Lighting on the side bar.

Good luck and remember to be careful, the lenses are brittle when you are tightening them. Let me know how it works for you, or if you have any questions.
those came out great! maybe I'll get around to that mod, it looks pretty user friendly from your instructions.
buddy boy

Post by buddy boy »

Yeah, it wasn't too hard to install the lights. It took some time. But, it took more time to get the pictures and put it down on paper. Thanks.
BuddyBliss

Post by BuddyBliss »

I like AltBuddy's idea about putting Vinyl behind the reflectors, but where would you get that?

I appreciate the guide given to add led's to the case, but the wiring is beyond my comfort zone. :(
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

You can get good commercial grade vinyl at any shop that makes signs. You just need scrap pieces to put behind the lens so it should't cost much. I think I paid $10 for a piece. I think the stuff the sign shops use is much more reflective than the stuff you get in the hardware store.
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

Here are the brake lights i installed on an extra case I had laying around. It was a pretty easy job.
Attachments
IMG_0872.JPG
IMG_0872.JPG (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1133 times