My scooter is ready for the rally! Updated

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AtlBuddy

My scooter is ready for the rally! Updated

Post by AtlBuddy »

I just finished painting the wheels, brake disc and the exhaust last night. I still want to add red reflective pinstripes to the wheels but I was amazed at all the work I was able to get done in just 3.5 months since purchasing my buddy.

EDIT:

I remembered that I still had some red reflective vinyl from when I did my helmet and thought I would see how it looked.
Attachments
DSCN0953.JPG
DSCN0953.JPG (109.85 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
DSCN0963.JPG
DSCN0963.JPG (88.62 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
DSCN0959.JPG
DSCN0959.JPG (113.99 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
DSCN0956.JPG
DSCN0956.JPG (115.14 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
Last edited by AtlBuddy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

...so shiny 8)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Way to go man, that really is a thing of beauty... also super hard core. 8)
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

wow, that looks really slick Atl. love that seat.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Sweet. Really nice tasteful job.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

The rim tape really sets it off, I love mine too! Really stands out in all the night time photos.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

bravo! that looks great. Its always nice to see the Buddy 50s in thier full glory :D
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
ASUDeadhead

Post by ASUDeadhead »

That reflective vinyl is nice. Is it self adhesive? Where can one find something like that?
AtlBuddy

Post by AtlBuddy »

ASUDeadhead wrote:That reflective vinyl is nice. Is it self adhesive? Where can one find something like that?
You can find it on ebay if you look for reflective motorcycle rim pin stripes. I personally used the vinyl stripes I had left over from when I put the stripe on my helmet. i was able to use the side pieces of the stripe and then cut down the center pieces with a cutting board. They are self adhesive and are very flexible.
malakai

Noice seat!!!

Post by malakai »

That seat looks neat, where from?
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
AtlBuddy

Re: Noice seat!!!

Post by AtlBuddy »

malakai wrote:That seat looks neat, where from?
Diamond Upholestey in Roseburg Oregon. Those guts are great and they NLT charged me $75. Mrmiller has a black jack with a seat from them as well.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

really nice looking ride. like the others said, tasteful but slick. very cool
malakai

Re: My scooter is ready for the rally! Updated

Post by malakai »

AtlBuddy wrote:I just finished painting the wheels, brake disc and the exhaust last night. I still want to add red reflective pinstripes to the wheels but I was amazed at all the work I was able to get done in just 3.5 months since purchasing my buddy.

EDIT:

I remembered that I still had some red reflective vinyl from when I did my helmet and thought I would see how it looked.
What kind of paint did you use? Doesn't it crack with the fluctuations of temperature and friction with the wind? They look really nice go well in the whole color set.
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
AtlBuddy

Re: My scooter is ready for the rally! Updated

Post by AtlBuddy »

malakai wrote:
AtlBuddy wrote:I just finished painting the wheels, brake disc and the exhaust last night. I still want to add red reflective pinstripes to the wheels but I was amazed at all the work I was able to get done in just 3.5 months since purchasing my buddy.

EDIT:

What kind of paint did you use? Doesn't it crack with the fluctuations of temperature and friction with the wind? They look really nice go well in the whole color set.
Actually, i have been surprised at how well the paint has held up. it has been a few months now since I first painted them and I was painting them as a temporary solution to powder coating the wheels. The paint hasn't cracked or chipped at all and the reflective tape has held on to the wheels quite nicely. I used rustoleoum flat black in a an industrial strength. i normally prefer Krylon but I have been impressed with how much easier the Rustoleum goes down.