Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Well we finally crossed the line. With the unusual Texas winter we left our St Tropaz stay parked until we had a chance to shine it up and take it in for the 10,000 miles service.

As we had to make a delivery in Dallas today, we carried it down and as we walked in the door it rolled right on the 10,000 mile mark!

Vespa Dallas has always taken care of our scooters and will have us ready for another 10,000 miles by Friday so we are ready for Spring!

Still have no real idea what we want to do about any mods yet as long as it runs great, gets me where we need to go we are not too worried about it.

Picture removed
Last edited by MYSCTR on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

great lookin' scoot! quite the milestone. you even have a shot of the 'lil guy about to enter :'(

this looks like a well loved scooter

what does the 10,000m service consist of?
Riding is riding
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

About $210 from what we saw...

Well since we put our second rear tire on at 9,200 miles and the front tire is looking good, no rubber needed.

Getting new rollers and a belt - surprised we went 10K with the factory parts.

Of course oil and gear oil, air filter, spark plug, carb/jets - just pretty much everything mechanical to make it like new agaiin. Find out more when we pick it up Friday.

It has been very good to us and we are ready for another year so the timing is great!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

MYSCTR wrote:About $210 from what we saw...

Well since we put our second rear tire on at 9,200 miles and the front tire is looking good, no rubber needed.

Getting new rollers and a belt - surprised we went 10K with the factory parts.

Of course oil and gear oil, air filter, spark plug, carb/jets - just pretty much everything mechanical to make it like new agaiin. Find out more when we pick it up Friday.

It has been very good to us and we are ready for another year so the timing is great!
Heck, if my dealer charged $210 for all that I wouldn't be doing any of the work myself. In my neck of the woods $210 will get you an oil/filter/gear oil change and a pat on the back.

I'm too anal to allow 10,000 miles without addressing anything. I'd be too afraid of getting stranded somewhere. I'd prefer to prevent any problems before they pop up at the worst possible time. Although I agree that the published maintenance schedule is WAY too often. I think somewhere in between is the sweet spot. That's why I want to put together this list from people's knowledge and first hand experiences.