Photosynth - very cool 360 pics with your iPhone

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Photosynth - very cool 360 pics with your iPhone

Post by ScootLemont »

Anyone played with Photosynth?
Its an iPhone app & website from Microsoft that will automatically stitch together photos for a panoramic view.

Note: if you dont already have microsoft silverlight installed on your computer, this will ask to do it - it is needed to view the pics.

<iframe frameborder="0" src="http://photosynth.net/embed.aspx?cid=a2 ... ying=false" width="700" height="500"></iframe>

<iframe frameborder="0" src="http://photosynth.net/embed.aspx?cid=fb ... ying=false" width="700" height="400"></iframe>
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I use AutoStitch for panoramas on my iPhone, but I haven't tried 360s.

MS Software for an iPhone, eh? Hmmm… :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I am impressed with the app so far
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

Hmm I have it, but I haven't used it yet....

Look pretty cool, seeing it in action
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

I have a freebie on my iPhone called DerManDar. It stitches 360s amazingly fast, no MS download needed... ;)
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

ericalm wrote:I use AutoStitch for panoramas on my iPhone, but I haven't tried 360s.

Apple uses MS's Arc servers to run their cloud based system. You use what works to get the end product.

The question is: Where the heck is this app for WINDOWS PHONE 7!?!?! I can't find it :cry: Not fair.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
amy

Post by amy »

ericalm wrote:I use AutoStitch for panoramas on my iPhone, but I haven't tried 360s.

I use AutoStitch as well...no software install necessary to view the stitched pics. It's quite nice.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

ericalm wrote:
Sacrilege for sure!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

neotrotsky wrote:Apple uses MS's Arc servers to run their cloud based system. You use what works to get the end product.
The rumor is that they use both Amazon and MS server networks to partially power the iCloud, which is going to take some serious server farms to keep going. It's also just a rumor, started by one site, that's been deemed pretty inconclusive elsewhere and hasn't been confirmed or verified by anyone else at this point. Even experts who looked at the evidence to back the rumor said it wasn't conclusive.

Not saying it's not true, just that it's still just a very loose rumor at this point.

If true, this would be the equivalent of renting office space form MS and Amazon. That's quite different from running their software!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Apple’s iCloud is still in beta, and Apple is just in the process of turning on its much-touted $500 million North Carolina data center (which of course will be the hub of iCloud). As noted in recent Apple job listings, the datacenter is running a combination of Mac OS X, IBM/AIX, Sun/Solaris, and Linux systems.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
slusher5

Post by slusher5 »

this is amazing !! now all i need is an smartphone