The Zoombox: Blackjack + speakers and lights

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PunkHop

The Zoombox: Blackjack + speakers and lights

Post by PunkHop »

Presenting my Blackjack!

In addition to all the fancy parts that come along with owning a Blackjack, I've installed handlebar-mounted speakers and white underglow LED lights.

I added these bullet speakers (which I spraypainted matte black), with the power and volume controls on one side and the play/pause prev/next track remote on the other. My iPhone filled with music sits in the tray - the headphone jack is plugged directly into the speakers with a regular minijack cable, and the 30-pin dock connector runs to a Kensington LiquidAUX which connects to the wireless remote.
Attachments
right speaker.JPG
right speaker.JPG (138.52 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
left speaker.JPG
left speaker.JPG (142.28 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
handlebars.JPG
handlebars.JPG (161.61 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
rear.JPG
rear.JPG (155.48 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
front.JPG
front.JPG (130.64 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
full shot.JPG
full shot.JPG (154.17 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Last edited by PunkHop on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLn74edDH48&hd=1" target="_blank">I tell jokes of the comedy variety.</a>
PunkHop

Post by PunkHop »

Underneath the body and in each wheel are white LED lights. The wireless remote for them is velcro'd inside the tray. They can flash and fade on and off, but I just put them all-on at night and it looks like the scooter is hovering.

I'm thinking about mounting my iPhone on the left handlebar, beneath the mirror, but I haven't decided what the best way to do it is.
Attachments
lights front.JPG
lights front.JPG (169.43 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
lights side.JPG
lights side.JPG (167.89 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
lights rear.JPG
lights rear.JPG (186.13 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLn74edDH48&hd=1" target="_blank">I tell jokes of the comedy variety.</a>
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

I like it, thanks for posting your scoot! :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nice! Audio setup looks great.

Watch out for cops with those LEDs, though! I know a couple people who've been ticketed for various illegal lighting.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

ooookay, i NEED to put my LEDs on my ride . . . i had my scooter repainted to be basically the same matte black as a BlackJack, and i've got my speakers mounted under the seat. just got the LEDs 2 days ago. are those speakers powered? i find that i can hear mine decently while riding slowly, but i need to put some tweeters up where you have yours mounted . . .
PunkHop

Post by PunkHop »

Yeah, they're powered. The cables run to a small amplifier that is bolted to the side of the under-seat compartment. You can power them off and on with the wired remote that's zip tied to my left speaker. They put out plenty of sound, I can hear it well even when going 65mph.
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

PunkHop wrote:Yeah, they're powered. The cables run to a small amplifier that is bolted to the side of the under-seat compartment. You can power them off and on with the wired remote that's zip tied to my left speaker. They put out plenty of sound, I can hear it well even when going 65mph.
yeeeeah your setup is the same as mine! i really need to hook up those tweeters. very nice!