St. Louis Forest Park Ride

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jchapell

St. Louis Forest Park Ride

Post by jchapell »

For your viewing pleasure, here is a video we made of a ride last weekend (the day before we crashed BOTH scooters...)

We just bought a new-to-us camera on Craigslist, and went for a ride in Forest Park, which is like St. Louis' Central Park. I liked some of the video a lot, so I tried out iMovie. Super easy, and I'm pleased with the results. Enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4oQTBBFzgmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

That looked really good! What kind of camera did you use to shoot that?
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
jchapell

Post by jchapell »

It's a Sony Nex-5. We wanted to upgrade from our 7 year old dSLR to something that has video, and was more compact. I have been VERY pleased, and it is high on the wife approval score!
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

jchapell wrote:It's a Sony Nex-5. We wanted to upgrade from our 7 year old dSLR to something that has video, and was more compact. I have been VERY pleased, and it is high on the wife approval score!
Yeouch! Those are expensive :shock: Well, at least for my budget. I just really liked the look. Far better than with a handheld point-and-share type camcorder. Trying to go for the more film-like look without having any education in film making or photography. I know software, but it's this pesky analog hardware stuff that confuses me. Not easy for someone who's broke to get into ya know?

Great job on your vid again!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Thanks for posting this, j. My big brother went to WashU many years ago and I remember going on "vacation" to visit him (in other words, my parents shipping me out to get me out of their hair), and he took me to this park and the museum. I remember a really fantastic Chagall. And that we ate a lot of ramen. Bleech.

Sorry to hear about the accidents.
jchapell

Post by jchapell »

neotrotsky wrote:
jchapell wrote:It's a Sony Nex-5. We wanted to upgrade from our 7 year old dSLR to something that has video, and was more compact. I have been VERY pleased, and it is high on the wife approval score!
Yeouch! Those are expensive :shock: Well, at least for my budget. I just really liked the look. Far better than with a handheld point-and-share type camcorder. Trying to go for the more film-like look without having any education in film making or photography. I know software, but it's this pesky analog hardware stuff that confuses me. Not easy for someone who's broke to get into ya know?

Great job on your vid again!
Thanks! FYI, the Nex's go for $300-$400 on craigslist (where I got it)...it ain't cheap, but cheaper than some other options... Andthe pictures are really great quality too.
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

Like the video hope you and your scoots are okay!