Daytime Ride Around my San Diego 'Hood

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JohnnyScoots

Daytime Ride Around my San Diego 'Hood

Post by JohnnyScoots »

Eventually I'll add music and effects... when I get a better computer.

Here is a much longer ride around my 'hood

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SbWe11wWwWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

You don't need a fancy computer to lay in some audio tracks. Just get your copy of Windows Live Movie Maker and drop any old MP3 track in there. Just be warned that if you upload it to YouTube, fill in the section where it asks what kind of music it is else it may get pulled due to copyright. Some videos still get pulled because a particular artist doesn't want their stuff on YouTube for some reason...

If you never have done it before, just Google "Movie Maker Audio" and you should easily find a step by step how to do it. It's VERY simple and makes a world of difference. There are more advanced editors out there, but Movie Maker is something every Windows user has access to and will do audio without any fancy hardware needed!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
JohnnyScoots

Post by JohnnyScoots »

neotrotsky wrote:You don't need a fancy computer to lay in some audio tracks. Just get your copy of Windows Live Movie Maker and drop any old MP3 track in there. Just be warned that if you upload it to YouTube, fill in the section where it asks what kind of music it is else it may get pulled due to copyright. Some videos still get pulled because a particular artist doesn't want their stuff on YouTube for some reason...

If you never have done it before, just Google "Movie Maker Audio" and you should easily find a step by step how to do it. It's VERY simple and makes a world of difference. There are more advanced editors out there, but Movie Maker is something every Windows user has access to and will do audio without any fancy hardware needed!

I've done quite a few of them with iMovie and I loved to seamless and quality they came out (on the youtube channel), but WMM on XP just doesn't work the same. I can't stand how WMM takes away from the quality even after changing dimensions and resolution.

I've heard the Windows 7 WMM is much more like iMovie and easier to do what you want on it.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

JohnnyScoots wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:You don't need a fancy computer to lay in some audio tracks. Just get your copy of Windows Live Movie Maker and drop any old MP3 track in there. Just be warned that if you upload it to YouTube, fill in the section where it asks what kind of music it is else it may get pulled due to copyright. Some videos still get pulled because a particular artist doesn't want their stuff on YouTube for some reason...

I've done quite a few of them with iMovie and I loved to seamless and quality they came out (on the youtube channel), but WMM on XP just doesn't work the same. I can't stand how WMM takes away from the quality even after changing dimensions and resolution.

I've heard the Windows 7 WMM is much more like iMovie and easier to do what you want on it.
Movie Maker Live is better than original Movie Maker when it comes to image and audio quality (zero loss of quality if done in HD, it just takes longer to render depending on your computer setup since Windows machines have a ton of variety and variables). BUT, I dislike that they removed the linear time line editing function from Movie Maker. They "dumbed down" the interface to compete with the point-and-click nature of iMovie, and removed some of the power Movie Maker had. The linear editing tool was AWESOME, if not difficult to master for some. But, once you did professional results were not difficult at all. By making it more user-friendly to the average less-than-tech savvy , they lost some edge in my opinion.

But, the HD and quality support is nice. Remember that Movie Maker (not Windows Live Movie Maker... two different products) was made for XP over 10 years ago, and HD and FLAC encoding didn't exist at the time for the home user. So, obviously it's going to struggle with today's demands.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>